News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

My head canon until something else is confirmed: he gets swallowed by the sarlacc. Krayt dragon gets attracted by commotion, eats sarlacc and Boba escapes, badly wounded. Jawas steal his armor, but sandpeople take him in and he very slowly recovers (which is why he has their weapons - the rifle and the gaffi stick) - I suppose sandpeople can respect someone who survives coming out of a Sarlacc. He hangs around Tatooine, trying to find his gear. He finally tracks the armor to Cobb Vanth, but Mando picks it up just as he shows up.

An ongoing theme this season has been "what's a Mandalorian". First we meet Cobb Vanth who has no Mandalorian heritage, but in the end Mando seems to deem him worthy. Then he gets challenged by Frog Lady that being Mandalorian is more than just wearing the gear and going through the motion, reminding him of the ideals and reputation of Mandalorians. After that, Bo-Katan and her Nite Owls, a "true" Mandalorian in that she was born and raised there, ruled the planet, and points out that Din's clan is maybe a crazy cult. And now Boba Fett, a fellow foundling, who in many ways followed a similar path as Din did before he met Grogu - just doing jobs, trying his best to survive (except Din was also attached to his clan, whereas Boba seems to have gone it solo). I think this broadening of horizons will make him find his own path of what a Mandalorian could and should be, and I still expect we will see him become the Mandalore (the spear would make an awesome sign of office :P ).

(Footnote: the seasons seem to have themes like that: last season it was him leaving his old life behind and realizing - during the prison break - that he has moved on from his ruthless past.)

Since Din is without ship I'd guess that he'll be handed Slave I now. I see two options for that:
1. Boba Fett retiring ("I'm getting too old for this shit.").
2. Boba Fett goes out in a blaze of glory while freeing Grogu, rectifying him "dying" like an idiot in ROTJ (apparently Lucas said that if he had realized how popular Boba Fett would be he'd have given him a much better send off). Heck, give him an emotional death speech, à la Boromir in Fellowship of the Ring. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Quote from: chipwich on December 06, 2020, 07:16:41 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 06, 2020, 03:12:54 PM
Are all the human looking characters supposed to be the same species?

In star wars not necessarily.

Completely human-looking ones are generally human, though I don't know if Star Wars ever explains how all those humans settled on a gazillion different planets in the galaxy. Then there are some humans with a non-Earth skin color that are considered "near-human". E.g. Chiss with blue skin.

Solmyr

Tamas

Well, wasn't there supposed to be something like thousands of years with hypedrive technology?

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on December 07, 2020, 06:49:18 AM
Well, wasn't there supposed to be something like thousands of years with hypedrive technology?
At least 20 000 years, in canon, I think.

KOTOR makes it a tad older, I think (Rakata Infinite Empire).

Quote from: Solmyr on December 07, 2020, 05:33:06 AM
Quote from: chipwich on December 06, 2020, 07:16:41 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 06, 2020, 03:12:54 PM
Are all the human looking characters supposed to be the same species?

In star wars not necessarily.

Completely human-looking ones are generally human, though I don't know if Star Wars ever explains how all those humans settled on a gazillion different planets in the galaxy. Then there are some humans with a non-Earth skin color that are considered "near-human". E.g. Chiss with blue skin.
Wookiepedia says they may originally have come from Coruscant and settled the planets of the Core as they started emigrating.

Nobody seems to remember.  This is what happens in a galaxy that suffers a massive war and cataclysm every millenia or so :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on December 31, 1969, 07:26:47 PM
Nobody seems to remember.  This is what happens in a galaxy that suffers a massive war and cataclysm every millenia or so :P

Well, that's what happens in Asimov's galaxy
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

So, Disney seems to be so happy with The Mandalorian that they just announced they're going to produce a bunch of tv shows in the Star Wars universe.  :nerd:

Liep

I think I'd watch a Lando show if it had Donald Glover.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Also, Hayden Christensen returns. That'll be interesting.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

What has been announced so far about these new projects:

- Obi Wan Kenobi will star Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen, and is set 10 years after Revenge of the Sith.
- Ahsoka will star Rosario Dawson and will run paralel to The Mandalorian.
- Rangers of the New Republic will also run paralel to The Mandalorian.
- Andor will be a prequel to Rogue One and it'll star Diego Luna.
- Rogue Squadron will be directed by Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman). Apparently it's a very personal project for Jenkins as her father was a Vietnam veteran fighter pilot who died in a crash during a NATO exercise when she was young.
- A Droid Story will be an animated show featuring C3PO and R2D2 joining a new hero who they'll guide.
- The Bad Batch will be another animated show, in the vein of Clone Wars, following a squadron of soldiers during the rise of the Empire.
- Visions will be an anime style anthology show composed of short films by anime authors.
- The Acolyte will be a mistery-thriller about the rise of the dark side during the High Republic.

It was also announced that there'll be a new feature Star Wars film, to be directed by Taika Waititi.

Some of these shows are already in production and will debut next year, others are still in early development.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on December 10, 2020, 06:53:42 PM

That was not confirmed and apparently Lando is one of the shows still in early development, so I guess it'll take a while for it to hit the screens.

katmai

Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2020, 07:09:08 PM

That was not confirmed and apparently Lando is one of the shows still in early development, so I guess it'll take a while for it to hit the screens.
interesting just read blurb that Glover will indeed be in it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Larch

Quote from: katmai on December 10, 2020, 07:18:54 PM
Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2020, 07:09:08 PM

interesting just read blurb that Glover will indeed be in it.

In the tweet I saw they didn't mention Glover at all, the only name mentioned was Justin Simien as the person behind the show..

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2020, 07:07:24 PM
What has been announced so far about these new projects:

- Obi Wan Kenobi will star Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen, and is set 10 years after Revenge of the Sith.
- Ahsoka will star Rosario Dawson and will run paralel to The Mandalorian.
- Rangers of the New Republic will also run paralel to The Mandalorian.
- Andor will be a prequel to Rogue One and it'll star Diego Luna.
- Rogue Squadron will be directed by Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman). Apparently it's a very personal project for Jenkins as her father was a Vietnam veteran fighter pilot who died in a crash during a NATO exercise when she was young.
- A Droid Story will be an animated show featuring C3PO and R2D2 joining a new hero who they'll guide.
- The Bad Batch will be another animated show, in the vein of Clone Wars, following a squadron of soldiers during the rise of the Empire.
- Visions will be an anime style anthology show composed of short films by anime authors.
- The Acolyte will be a mistery-thriller about the rise of the dark side during the High Republic.

It was also announced that there'll be a new feature Star Wars film, to be directed by Taika Waititi.

Some of these shows are already in production and will debut next year, others are still in early development.

Wow.

Except the Ken Obi story, this is very good news. Looking forward to The Bad Batch.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.