News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

If you watched the first two season, you have the worst behind you. :P

It picks up considerably IMHO in season 3+4 and seasons 5-7 are amazing. The finale was a big emotional payoff.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on December 04, 2020, 04:19:39 AM
I really liked the episode, but what that heck has Boba Fett been doing the past 4 or 5 years? He probably knew where his armor was. He still had his ship. Was he just chilling? His sand people weapons seem to indicate he spent time on Tatooine. Maybe he pulled a Maul and turned feral, somehow surviving in the Sarlacc until it was eaten by the Krayt dragon? :P I expect/hope we'll get some exposition in the next episode, because it seems like a big gap.
I suppose he spent some time healing, trying to find his armor, than decided against attacking the Marshall head on, so he recruited the lady to help, patched her up, got ready to move on the Marshall, but then Mando comes along and take it off Tatooine.

I'm not really sure how he tracked him to Trython.  Only Ashoka would know where he went.  Unless he knows about Gogru from his own investigation and deduced from whom he met last week that he'd be go to Trython?

So what's next? A prison break, and then taking (or trying to take) the child back? I'm somewhat expecting them to follow the Rebels formula a bit where each season finale raised the stakes and escalated the story and scope.
I hope Moff Gideon has a chance to look at that beskar spear from very close ;)

A fight with the spear and Darksaber would be nice :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on December 04, 2020, 07:56:58 AM
There was one moment I rolled my eyes at, when the E-Web shoots at Fennec, and she runs on top of the rocks instead of, you know - BEHIND THEM
She knew how bad they were at shooting moving targets, she figured it was safer on the rocks than jumping down :P

Oh, and Mando trying to pick up Grogo from the Force force field (heh) and getting repulsed every time. I admire his tenacity, but dude - get a hint. :D
if you don't succeed at first, try and try and try again ;)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I'm not sure if I can unsee this ...  :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Not sure what you're seeing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

bogh

Quote from: celedhring on December 04, 2020, 07:53:36 AM
Also, Fett looks like he could use some time on the threadmill...

Temuera Morissons career has been mostly local NZ fare and playing the occasional goof in a supporting role. He ain't no action hero and rarely looks super healthy.

When he was laying into the storm troopers using his Sand People stick there was fair bit of traditional Maori combat moves going on - including the eye and facial movements. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Syt

I don't mind his weight gain much. Robert Rodriguez made him look like a beast. Reminded me of wrestlers like Bam Bam Bigelow, or Vader, who were not exactly super athletic looking but delivered convincing performances in the ring. Especially Vader, with his gut, and at 6'5 and over 400 lbs/200 kg doing moonsaults from the top rope and shit.

https://youtu.be/vRVn_XZPoYM
https://youtu.be/S9dI5cc2uZ4
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

By the way, in universe, Bo-Katan would be about 10 years older than Boba Fett.

IRL, Temuera Morrison is about 20 years older than Katee Sackhoff. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, it's kind of funny that this double page from a comic was my main/only source of knowledge about Mandalorians for me in the 80s when I was a teen. :lol:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Syt on December 06, 2020, 12:48:45 PM
By the way, in universe, Bo-Katan would be about 10 years older than Boba Fett.

(snip)

IRL, Temuera Morrison is about 20 years older than Katee Sackhoff. :P
Imperfections in the cloning process plus being in a Sarlacc Pit Monster? Ireally need to watch this show. Everyone is saying I'm going to lose my Star Wars fan card.  :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

Are all the human looking characters supposed to be the same species?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I think so? :unsure:

Personally, I think Boba just had a really bad time with that Sarlacc and afterwards.
—Stephen Jay Gould

chipwich

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 06, 2020, 03:12:54 PM
Are all the human looking characters supposed to be the same species?

In star wars not necessarily.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 06, 2020, 03:01:58 PM
Imperfections in the cloning process plus being in a Sarlacc Pit Monster? Ireally need to watch this show. Everyone is saying I'm going to lose my Star Wars fan card.  :lol:
Sarlacc Pit Monster and what might have come after, or before, since we never saw his adult face ;)He was a non quick-aging clone, if you recall Episode II.