News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

I kinda miss a Baby Yoda face next to the Mandalorian in the corner of their comic.  :lol:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on November 02, 2020, 12:03:31 AM
Overall liked the first episode, however:

1. It did not advance the plot at all. That seems odd. Like literally at the end of the show, he knew no more about his quest then he did when it started - the entire thing was a complete sideshow.

2. Tatooine? Really? Again? You would think the fucking SW universe has about 6 planets in the entire thing, and Tatooine is 4 of them.

This sums up my view of the episode.

Also, the digestive practices of that monster had been studied for generations, and still they could not figure out how to feed the thing without getting eaten themselves and through all those generations it never occurred to them to plant explosives on the thing being eaten. 

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2020, 04:20:30 PM

1. It did not advance the plot at all. That seems odd. Like literally at the end of the show, he knew no more about his quest then he did when it started - the entire thing was a complete sideshow.

2. Tatooine? Really? Again? You would think the fucking SW universe has about 6 planets in the entire thing, and Tatooine is 4 of them.

Also, the digestive practices of that monster had been studied for generations, and still they could not figure out how to feed the thing without getting eaten themselves and through all those generations it never occurred to them to plant explosives on the thing being eaten.

The Tusken Raiders studied the Krayt Dragon for generations.  The settlers are the ones who brought the explosives to the table.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 04, 2020, 04:22:41 PM

The Tusken Raiders studied the Krayt Dragon for generations.  The settlers are the ones who brought the explosives to the table.

So those particular settlers were the only ones with explosives?   

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2020, 04:25:13 PM

Settlers and Tusken Raiders never sat down and talked before.  It took our hero Mando to bring them together.  It's a bit of a hoakey storyline but perfectly in keeping with Star Wars / The Mandalorian's storytelling vibe.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 04, 2020, 04:28:14 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2020, 04:25:13 PM

Settlers and Tusken Raiders never sat down and talked before.  It took our hero Mando to bring them together.  It's a bit of a hoakey storyline but perfectly in keeping with Star Wars / The Mandalorian's storytelling vibe.

Yeah, that is why I made the comment about the settlers not being the only source of explosives.   The Tuskens apparently fed their mounts to the beast for generations and it never dawned on them that feeding it something that would kill it would solve all their problems.

Grey Fox

I understand your point CC but this is the SW universe. Dumb by default.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 04, 2020, 05:31:00 PM
I understand your point CC but this is the SW universe. Dumb by default.

I get a kick out of hearing all the ways BB tries to argue it isn't.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2020, 05:10:01 PM
Yeah, that is why I made the comment about the settlers not being the only source of explosives.   The Tuskens apparently fed their mounts to the beast for generations and it never dawned on them that feeding it something that would kill it would solve all their problems.

Tusken Raiders don't use explosives, IIRC.

There is something about hunting the beast and bringing back the krayt pearl that is some kind of fabulous exploit, but I'd have to replay KOTOR 1 to remember exactly what it was :P

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Solmyr

Quote from: viper37 on November 04, 2020, 07:33:58 PM

There is something about hunting the beast and bringing back the krayt pearl that is some kind of fabulous exploit, but I'd have to replay KOTOR 1 to remember exactly what it was :P

A Steam achievement?

crazy canuck

And yet they got the pearl by using explosives  :hmm:

viper37

Quote from: Solmyr on November 05, 2020, 03:59:24 AM

A Steam achievement?

lol :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 05, 2020, 09:33:02 AM

Like I said, I can't remember the details.  I remember your character using explosives on a bantha that served as bait for the dragon, just like the episode (minus the jetpack scene inside the belly of the beast ;) ).  I also remember visting the Tusken raider's camp with HK-47 and talking about how Arrak - damn, Tatooine! ;)  because a wasted desert too.  I don't remember much else.

There was something specific though, they never used explosives themselves for some reason.

Just go and replay the game :P

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 05, 2020, 09:33:02 AM

Yeah but that took place 4,000 years in the past of the movies. Over the millennia they forgot explosives technology.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."