News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on November 02, 2020, 09:07:07 AM
I'm pretty certain that the whole arc about returning BY to his people will be solved by the end of the season (doesn't mean he will successfully return him, though). The show doesn't feel like one of those where they stretch the same premise over multiple seasons.

But Baby Yoda is a massive hit with people as I understand, (an endless source of memes on 9gag for example). Not gonna' write a cash cow out.

Grey Fox

With Ashoka showing up, I wonder if Ezra & Thrawn show up. I can imagine a scenario where BY ends up in the end with Ezra in the outer (or further) reaches.

The series is the unification show between the cartoon, the comics & the acted universe, so it's not impossible. The time line fits too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on November 02, 2020, 07:19:33 AM
I mean, there's no way he is going to actually find Baby Yoda's people, when that happens the series will end so the writers are not going to do it. So I don't mind the sidetracking.

Clone Wars and Rebels have each come to a proper conclusion of their story arcs (granted, CW's was a bit late due to the Disney takeover upheaval at the time). I trust Favreau/Filoni that they will wrap this up properly, and I'd guess we will have 4 or 5, maybe 6 seasons in the end.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 02, 2020, 09:17:36 AM
Ashoka showing up, I wonder if Ezra & Thrawn show up. I can imagine a scenario where BY ends up in the end with Ezra in the outer (or further) reaches.

The series is the unification show between the cartoon, the comics & the acted universe, so it's not impossible. The time line fits too.

I could see that happening.

Ezra would be ... what, in his mid to late twenties, with the show being set 9 years after the end of Rebels?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Ezra is born on the first Empire Day. If I get the time right, he should be 29 in The Mandalorian.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

It would be a mindfuck if he was played by Freddie Prinze, Jr (Kanan from Rebels), but I figure he's a bit too old for that role. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

HVC

Quote from: celedhring on November 02, 2020, 09:07:07 AM
I'm pretty certain that the whole arc about returning BY to his people will be solved by the end of the season (doesn't mean he will successfully return him, though). The show doesn't feel like one of those where they stretch the same premise over multiple seasons.

They can have a return, but not a return. he finds yoda's planet, only to discover they aren't all gifted in the force (he's under the assumption that they are, he mentions that BY species can move stuff with their mind). So then has to search for the jedi.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Btw, how does Cobb Vanth keep his hair looking so great under that helmet?

Compare with Mando in the finale of season 1:

:P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Advances in helmet hair prevention technology happened between seasons.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

What's the deal these days, are theater versions of the original trilogy available in any simple way?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on November 02, 2020, 12:41:53 PM
What's the deal these days, are theater versions of the original trilogy available in any simple way?

No.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on November 02, 2020, 12:43:50 PM

No.

Ah well. Guess I'll check in again in a decade or two.

Syt

:pirate
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on November 02, 2020, 12:52:33 PM

:pirate

What happened to PA anyway?

Syt

There's a user on reddit who does old school comic book covers for Star Wars shows:

—Stephen Jay Gould