The Happy, Healthy Capitalists of Switzerland

Started by Hamilcar, November 04, 2019, 09:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Kaeso on November 06, 2019, 03:32:58 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2019, 03:01:10 PM
Do Krautophone Swiss speak better English than Frogophone Swiss?
https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/ef-survey_switzerland-falls-in-global-english-skills-ranking/45348166

QuoteSwitzerland remains in the group of countries with "high" English language skills, but EF observed a small decline across all Swiss language regions (German-, French-, Italian- and Romansh-speaking). International cities like Geneva and Zurich were no exceptions. Lausanne was the only place showing progress.

As I recruit cops for foreign assignment and English is prerequisite, I must say Swiss German colleagues tend to speak rather good English while the Welsch (non German speakers but mostly intended toward Romands) have more limited skills.

I am member since over 10 years (don't remember what did happen before 2009 but I posted even less before), I followed Viper and few other Frogphones from the Paradox forum. I don't post often because I am bad at dry humor and sarcasm, still I do appreciate the tone of the forum. I guess I am just an average civil servant who has plenty of time to kill between reports and budget proposals. Writing this make me realize I am not productive at all and thus being unswiss...
Welcome to the Languish regulars club! :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

German Swiss are definitely better at English than French Swiss. Italian Swiss seem best at languages overall though. Which is odd.

On fire insurance - maybe it was a Vaud thing. But I had to pay for mandatory fire insurance of my own. The money from which funded the fire brigade. Very odd.
██████
██████
██████