The Happy, Healthy Capitalists of Switzerland

Started by Hamilcar, November 04, 2019, 09:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I mean happy to have you here Kaeso. :hug:

It just surprises me that someone would think we're interesting enough to follow our conversations, but then not want to be involved in them.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Kaeso

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2019, 03:42:40 PM

Thanks to all of you...

QuoteIt just surprises me that someone would think we're interesting enough to follow our conversations, but then not want to be involved in them.

Actually, due to occupational hazard, I don't answer when I am not directly addressed. Because you don't intervene when you are intercepting communications.

Barrister

Quote from: Kaeso on November 06, 2019, 03:52:40 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2019, 03:42:40 PM

Thanks to all of you...

QuoteIt just surprises me that someone would think we're interesting enough to follow our conversations, but then not want to be involved in them.

Actually, due to occupational hazard, I don't answer when I am not directly addressed. Because you don't intervene when you are intercepting communications.

:shifty:

Kaeso:

So what kind of work is it you do?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Kaeso

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2019, 03:54:12 PM
So what kind of work is it you do?

Now : Pen Pusher in a ministry.
Then : Criminal Intelligence Adviser, I had the responsibility the follow projects like the Crime Stoppers Hotline and the Interception of Communication (not operationally).

That was an attempt at humor.  :blush:

Admiral Yi

I'm sure your next joke six months from now will be much funnier.  :)

Kaeso

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2019, 04:06:11 PM

That's awfully a short deadline for me to come up with something remotely funny.  :cry: Swiss people are slow (ask the French).

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 06, 2019, 03:25:06 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on November 06, 2019, 02:39:43 PM
Quote from: Kaeso on November 06, 2019, 12:50:34 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on November 06, 2019, 11:28:19 AM
Who the fuck are you?

Please don't kill me over the internet, I have six kids to feed....

I am your friendly Swiss lurker, dull and mostly silent.

16 posts in 10 years? What kind of psychopath are you?

Shoot, a member who has left (CdM) still has the total post lead. 

garbon is closing in though.  :P

:goodboy:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Kaeso's laconic responses make me want to be Swiss even more.  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Agelastus

Quote from: Kaeso on November 06, 2019, 04:11:21 PM

That's awfully a short deadline for me to come up with something remotely funny.  :cry: Swiss people are slow (ask the French).

:lol:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Caliga

I interviewed a guy once who had been recruited to move to Switzerland from the US to do something in IT (forget what now) because at the time nobody in Switzerland could be found with that skill that wasn't already happily employed.

He loved it there and had hoped to stay permanently, but eventually the company found a Swiss national with that same skill and apparently was pressured to let him go, and then he was basically told to leave the country immediately. :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Hamilcar

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 06, 2019, 03:25:06 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on November 06, 2019, 02:39:43 PM
Quote from: Kaeso on November 06, 2019, 12:50:34 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on November 06, 2019, 11:28:19 AM
Who the fuck are you?

Please don't kill me over the internet, I have six kids to feed....

I am your friendly Swiss lurker, dull and mostly silent.

16 posts in 10 years? What kind of psychopath are you?

Shoot, a member who has left (CdM) still has the total post lead. 

garbon is closing in though.  :P

CdM left? What finally made him snap?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Kaeso on November 06, 2019, 04:11:21 PM

Il n'y a pas le feu au lac, voyons !
:frog:

PS : re-bienvenue (chez les fous ?)

Kaeso

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2019, 10:48:13 PM
I interviewed a guy once who had been recruited to move to Switzerland from the US to do something in IT (forget what now) because at the time nobody in Switzerland could be found with that skill that wasn't already happily employed.

He loved it there and had hoped to stay permanently, but eventually the company found a Swiss national with that same skill and apparently was pressured to let him go, and then he was basically told to leave the country immediately. :huh:

My take on that, the company probably made him come on a tourist visa (potentially a short term work permit or L) and then try to get him a permanent work permit or B (akin to the Green Card). Once they filled up all the forms, the Cantonal administration said "no" due to the yearly quota of out of EU/AELE workers being already reached. It was a major complain from companies based in Geneva, Basel and Zurich as they had to rush at the start of the year to get their "exotic" workers a permit while plenty of smaller cantons had still not give any in July. Cantons still hold a lot of leeway when it comes to the application of the regulations.

Kaeso

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 07, 2019, 05:02:56 AM
Il n'y a pas le feu au lac, voyons !
:frog:

PS : re-bienvenue (chez les fous ?)

Merci, notre lenteur est proverbiale (bien que ce soit les Bernois qui ont cette distinction à l'interne) :swiss:

I am neither very prolific on the vdf board, proving my laconicism isn't reserved to languish. I just don't have much to say without putting my foot in my mouth.  :shutup: