Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Yeah I thought it was already an option :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

This is now coming to console. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 26, 2022, 12:44:21 PM
Yeah I thought it was already an option :hmm:

Not sure if marriage was; but there was an option to make homosexuality the dominant trait in most characters. I think. I think I checked that box once by mistake, and was really confused.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

That would make for a short game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Quote from: Razgovory on January 27, 2022, 12:45:35 AM
That would make for a short game.

Nah, they may be gay, but they do their matrimonial duty for Queen and country.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

I admit I am feeling better about the culture changes after watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0i4oRvrFjE

Especially because this should be great for the Fallen Eagle mod.

Caliga

Well, the expansion is out now.  Anyone care to be a P'dox beta tester? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zanza

Wow, 50 Euro regular price for the DLC? Good thing I am sucker and bought it as part of the initial release...

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on February 08, 2022, 02:26:54 PM
Wow, 50 Euro regular price for the DLC? Good thing I am sucker and bought it as part of the initial release...

It's 29.99, actually. If you refer to the Steam news pop up when you open the client: I was confused, too, but apparently they show the price of the (currently discounted) base game, while advertising the DLC which is a bit weird.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Still I am feeling a bit better about being sucked into buying the package deal on release.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2022, 04:36:20 PM
Still I am feeling a bit better about being sucked into buying the package deal on release.

Yeah same.

Tamas

I don't know yet how to feel about it. Overall the game feels better but largely the same, so if you didn't like it before definitely don't buy the DLC expecting it will make you like it.

The new court titles and the court mechanics in terms of upgrading your court seem like a fairly nice money sink (something the game badly needed, just like in case of CK2), however I am not sure there's a practical need for it in terms of having to have a good court to keep your realm together. It might be, or it might just be fluff. I am still finding that the key for managing a large realm just as with CK2, is to sit on a large pile of money, don't spend it. You can usually manage vassal loyalty regardless, and if you can't, the mercenaries your gold pile buys will take care of any revolts.

The most positive thing I have noticed probably has all to do with the 1.5 update and not DLC specific: cca. a 100 years in and there has been no AI blobbing. the HRE made modest conquests an lost Bohemia and parts of Italy.  Byzantium is slighty smaller than at the 1066 start. Persia has disintegrated, even. I wonder if it has something to do with them finally making Dread more reasonable. Before this patch I refused to rely on dread for vassal loyalty because it was ridiculously OP - you executed some random peasant leader and your powerful vassals cowered in their palace corners too scared to make a move against you. Seems much better now. You can rely on Dread still but you have to put at least a little effort into it.

Hybrid cultures starting to look a bit silly, I turned them down to rare but there's one small one created by the AI every 20 years or so.

Tamas

This thread: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/my-patch-1-5-review.1509797/

While overstates some issues (in particular, his jab at the stress system is unwarranted, it's probably the single most significant positive change compared to CK2), he highlights the money issue I mentioned: it's pointless to try and build up your economy, when you get far better income from random events.

garbon

Have they fixed where you could ricochet into madness if a  few family members or friends died in same year? That wasn't such a great part of stress system.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on February 09, 2022, 09:19:09 AM
Have they fixed where you could ricochet into madness if a  few family members or friends died in same year? That wasn't such a great part of stress system.

I am fairly certain that's only an issue if you have the relevant trait making you care for that,in whux case I don't think is an issue, as you are offered coli coping mechanisms like alcoholism which would reduce your stress on the short term.