And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on October 27, 2021, 04:04:01 PM
Meanwhile, EU4 is getting yet another DLC. :lol:

It's just getting ridiculous at this point.

Habbaku

If people keep buying it...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jacob

CKIII may be what gets me over my love for Paradox games.

Tamas

Quote from: Jacob on October 27, 2021, 04:34:18 PM
CKIII may be what gets me over my love for Paradox games.
I am planning on checking out a couple of mods.

I feel like my line in the sand will be Victoria 3. If it will leave me cold that's probably me being done with Paradox games, at the very least with being the day 1 check out dev diaries kinda fan I will stop being.
And I also admit a lack of spark may be entirely my fault. While their games have come a long way (mostly positive) since EU1, I have been playing essentially the same game for over 20 years now. Let's say 17 in case of the CKs. No wonder it wears thin.

garbon

Oddly the forum discussion seems to have many people knowing it would take 1-2 years to get any of the content promised in the royal edition. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2021, 03:22:32 AM
Oddly the forum discussion seems to have many people knowing it would take 1-2 years to get any of the content promised in the royal edition. :hmm:

Fanbois :rolleyes:

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2021, 03:22:32 AM
Maybe outside of Dev Diaries they've been flagging that it's taking longer than expected/involves more changes?
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Issue for me, as Tamas mentioned, is that it doesn't even sound like the sort of thing worth waiting more than a year. And at this pace, feels like flavour is never really going to get there across the board. Why couldn't they have had a small content design team working on flavour packs alongside this 'meaty' expansion?

I felt like promise of CK3 (vs existing CK2 all bells and whistles) was that this was providing better base, with playability across the board and that overtime they would be fleshing out further the flavour for each region. At the moment it feels like we're only getting the base with future flavour extremely uncertain and/or multiple years out. 

Total aside but while teased by the torn map, definitely doesn't feel like China is going to come into play at any point.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Yeah I think that's fair - and agree it would have been nice to have some smaller updates while they were working on this. Especially as I think the base game of CK3 is really good.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

This sucks because I don't think I could go back to CK2 either - the UI and things like faction mechanics, stress, the way event choices are actual choices via stress etc. make CK3 the better game base mechanics-wise. It's content and sub-mechanics where it's lacking.

chipwich

People seem to be simultaneously compaining that EU4 has too much DLC and CK3 has only one small DLC.

Why not enjoy the Glorious Golden Age of a vanilla game for a year?

garbon

Quote from: chipwich on October 30, 2021, 04:15:15 AM
People seem to be simultaneously compaining that EU4 has too much DLC and CK3 has only one small DLC.

Why not enjoy the Glorious Golden Age of a vanilla game for a year?

It isn't entertaining enough to last a year. :huh:

Tamas

Yep I was totally hooked in CK3, but it relies on events and those are too limited in number.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on October 27, 2021, 08:48:28 AM
Now not getting its first real expansion until 2022. I wonder what is going on there - as CK3 really feeling like an orphaned child.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-10-27-crusader-kings-3s-royal-court-expansion-delayed-to-2022
Very odd given that CK2 was their first 1 million copy seller (have their been any others)?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

chipwich

Quote from: Tamas on October 30, 2021, 06:34:33 AM
Yep I was totally hooked in CK3, but it relies on events and those are too limited in number.

The big bummer is that the expansion is vertical development and king/emperor gameplay, which is what the series has needed since 1. I wish they hadn't announced this at pdxcon.