News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Since Timmay has decided to be an asshole and has told a global mod that he won't be courteous, I'll ask the mods to clean up the thread by deleting all the AAR stuff.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

This thread is not that long and doesn't get much traffic. It makes sense to post everything about CK3 in here.

I certainly posted countless AAR posts in the CK2 thread.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Your past faux paseseseseses don't make future ones acceptable.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 09, 2021, 09:39:28 AM
This thread is not that long and doesn't get much traffic. It makes sense to post everything about CK3 in here.

I certainly posted countless AAR posts in the CK2 thread.

Our mod said otherwise.  And really everyone agrees with him.  So do us a favour and just create your own AAR thread like everyone else does.

Threviel

I enjoy his AAR and why shouldn't it stay here? There's not much else going on.

Valmy

I always just kind of assume Tim is cheating is my problem, so hard to get into the AAR much.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2021, 03:23:23 PM
I always just kind of assume Tim is cheating is my problem, so hard to get into the AAR much.

Same. I also find these AARs in the game thread as misplaced.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on July 09, 2021, 04:04:22 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2021, 03:23:23 PM

Same. I also find these AARs in the game thread as misplaced.

Yeah, if I want to read an AAR I will go to that thread.  Most who do them are very entertaining.  But I don't want to scroll through an AAR I may not want to read to get to the discussion about the game I do want to read.

Valmy

My son loves paradox games by the way. He is always telling me about his latest bloody conquest.

But I know he saves the game, loads the game up as the country he declared war on, and immediately surrenders to himself.

I am working on trying to get him to appreciate the joy of losing on Ironman.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

grumbler

Quote from: Threviel on July 09, 2021, 03:16:52 PM
I enjoy his AAR and why shouldn't it stay here? There's not much else going on.

It shouldn't stay here because it changes the thread to indicate new posts on the topic of CK3, when there are no such posts.

You can enjoy his AAR every bit as much in an AAR thread like everyone else uses.  Then, those of us disinterested in his AAR can avoid that thread and avoid the AAR.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2021, 04:15:45 PM
My son loves paradox games by the way. He is always telling me about his latest bloody conquest.

But I know he saves the game, loads the game up as the country he declared war on, and immediately surrenders to himself.

I wonder who he learned that from...

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 09, 2021, 04:16:40 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2021, 04:15:45 PM

I wonder who he learned that from...

Certainly not me, I have only ever lost on Ironman in his lifetime :lol:

He does, however, just hate to lose and is really competitive. I am not competitive at all but it is a quality I really admire in others so I might have had something to do with that subconsciously.

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2021, 04:17:56 PM
Certainly not me, I have only ever lost on Ironman in his lifetime :lol:

He does, however, just hate to lose and is really competitive. I am not competitive at all but it is a quality I really admire in others so I might have had something to do with that subconsciously.

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2021, 03:12:19 PM
If you are not trying to cheat do you really want to win though?

Valmy

And I don't cheat, which says something about my desire to win. I am just out for fun, which to me is trying to restore Zoroastrianism in CK era Persia and failing repeatedly apparently.