News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on April 16, 2021, 11:49:06 AM
Of course, it is always interesting what is considered 'beyond the pale' for Crusader Kings with a history argument when we are looking at a game where you can be an openly incestuous cannibal.

Scotland is in the game.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Probably something Paradox intended to make you pay for in a later expansion. Now includes same sex mod compatibility!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on April 16, 2021, 11:55:01 AM
I just answered that shortly before you've asked. :hug:
Yeah. :blush:  I started typing my post out and kept getting distracted by work before I actually got it up.  DAMN WORK PEOPLE, LEAVE ME ALONE
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

CK2 had all these options that would get me thinking about weird concepts that never entered my mind before. Like if you were a female ruler and you were pregnant there was this option whether you wanted to have the game force into a regency situation during the last bit before you gave birth. I mean...that makes sense I guess...but did that ever actually happen? Why is this a choice? Which is more realistic? Why is this in the game? I still have no idea.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tamas

Shockingly this is an RPS-made scandal, I see.  :lol:

garbon

PC Gamer and Kotaku both also thought it was worth covering. ;)

Also, RPS just reported on a thread that had been growing since the 6th of September.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: Solmyr on April 16, 2021, 11:19:47 AM
Quote from: Tamas on April 16, 2021, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 16, 2021, 08:46:57 AM
The complaint that made it into all the gaming sites was about how neither gay marriage nor gay consorts were permitted.

:huh: I mean, I don't remember if a gay character can have a same-sex lover but I assume so. What else can they ask for?

It's one of those things where it is the "progressives" requesting to white-wash history.

Because having your horse as Pope or summoning the actual Devil is fine, but having gay marriage would be UNREALISTIC! :P

:D

To be fair, you can't do any of that in CK III
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

The game mechanic of marriage is for inheritance though. However I guess you can ask Satan to create a demon baby after the Pope summons him.

Solmyr

Quote from: Josephus on April 16, 2021, 04:42:08 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on April 16, 2021, 11:19:47 AM
Quote from: Tamas on April 16, 2021, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 16, 2021, 08:46:57 AM
The complaint that made it into all the gaming sites was about how neither gay marriage nor gay consorts were permitted.

:huh: I mean, I don't remember if a gay character can have a same-sex lover but I assume so. What else can they ask for?

It's one of those things where it is the "progressives" requesting to white-wash history.

Because having your horse as Pope or summoning the actual Devil is fine, but having gay marriage would be UNREALISTIC! :P

:D

To be fair, you can't do any of that in CK III

Well, not YET.

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2021, 05:39:38 PM
The game mechanic of marriage is for inheritance though. However I guess you can ask Satan to create a demon baby after the Pope summons him.

That's another weird thing for me, the game (rightly) makes zero connection between love/affection and marriage, so what is lost by not having gay medieval marriages I don't understand. I think people should play the Sims for such living virtual lives aspects.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on April 17, 2021, 02:36:17 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2021, 05:39:38 PM

That's another weird thing for me, the game (rightly) makes zero connection between love/affection and marriage, so what is lost by not having gay medieval marriages I don't understand. I think people should play the Sims for such living virtual lives aspects.

:rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

CK is basically The Sims Medieval at this point, anyway. I'm sure the palace-designing DLC is a matter of time.

Jacob

My understanding of the issue is not that you can't have gay marriage in a vanilla/ ironman game, but that Paradox - in a recent pass where they fixed some bugs - basically put in some hard code that made gay marriage impossible even in mods.

I don't think anyone is particularly concerned about getting gay marriage in Ironman mode (heh). But it does feel a bit odd to say "no gay marriage in mods" when you can mod in all kinds of other stuff.

Of course, as I understood the Paradox explanation it's that the AI sim is structured kind of poorly, so allowing gay marriage doubles some heavy and cumbersome relationship checking routine slowing turns down or some such. Still's kind of shitty, IMO.

garbon

Welcome to last week? :P

Gay marriage in mods hasn't been possible from the start as code never allowed for marriages between those of the same sex.

Recent change was then that while code fixing, they also out in a hard ban on same sex concubines.

Only after that recent change and wider coverage outside of the forum, has Paradox committed to a plan to make changes.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on April 22, 2021, 01:03:00 AM
My understanding of the issue is not that you can't have gay marriage in a vanilla/ ironman game, but that Paradox - in a recent pass where they fixed some bugs - basically put in some hard code that made gay marriage impossible even in mods.

I don't think anyone is particularly concerned about getting gay marriage in Ironman mode (heh). But it does feel a bit odd to say "no gay marriage in mods" when you can mod in all kinds of other stuff.

Of course, as I understood the Paradox explanation it's that the AI sim is structured kind of poorly, so allowing gay marriage doubles some heavy and cumbersome relationship checking routine slowing turns down or some such. Still's kind of shitty, IMO.
That makes sense. I didn't read anything and just went in studs up :blush:

I am however 100% committed to the idea that they should implement a favourite mechanism :contract:
Let's bomb Russia!