News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

CK3 dev diary went up this morning that explained how many people were on the team. It has garnered 70 respectfully disagree reactions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2021, 12:46:17 PM
CK3 dev diary went up this morning that explained how many people were on the team. It has garnered 70 respectfully disagree reactions.

People need to chill out.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

I think it mostly has to be about the letdown of the first update in quite a while.

Caliga

Yeah, I will say I'm surprised that there has been so little news re: updates or upcoming DLC for this game lately. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2021, 12:46:17 PM

They tell their followers that there will be a new Dev Diary in mid February; and then stall with a release of what amounts to production credits. Nobody really cares. On the Facebook CK page that turned into a "she's hot, she's not" thread pretty quickly :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Looks like it got bad enough that they had to lock the thread.

I can understand being annoyed but not sure what angry posters were trying to accomplish.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

The game has been out for less than half a year, I think it's a bit silly to get impatient given Paradox's track record on adding content. Besides, if they had announced DLC at launch or within the first few months people would have shouted that it's a rip off and the stuff should have been in the main game.

I like team introductions, I feel it makes the game more personal.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on February 17, 2021, 08:08:44 AM
The game has been out for less than half a year, I think it's a bit silly to get impatient given Paradox's track record on adding content. Besides, if they had announced DLC at launch or within the first few months people would have shouted that it's a rip off and the stuff should have been in the main game.

I think though this is the problem P'dox will continue to have now with sequels upon release. CKIII does seem very bare boned compared to CKII + all DLCs.  Frankkly CKII+ DLCs is more fun to play than CKIII is right now. So people who want to play it, just want a little bit more.

If they ever release a EUV (i doubt they will), but if they do, the same thing's going to happen. There's no way that upon release EUV will have features that took eight years to make, and players will feel it to be rather empty.

I also think that Pdox followers have gotten spoiled with regular diary updates, and I think the bigger issue is not the lack of a DLC, but the lack of info on one. EU, for instance, pretty much starts a new Dev Diary weeks after last DLC is issued.

I also think that Pdox has moved offices (they have one in Spain now, and I think Johan is ensconced there) hired new staff etc, so it makes sense that they're behind a bit on this,
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on February 17, 2021, 09:21:58 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 17, 2021, 08:08:44 AM

I think though this is the problem P'dox will continue to have now with sequels upon release. CKIII does seem very bare boned compared to CKII + all DLCs.  Frankkly CKII+ DLCs is more fun to play than CKIII is right now. So people who want to play it, just want a little bit more.

If they ever release a EUV (i doubt they will), but if they do, the same thing's going to happen. There's no way that upon release EUV will have features that took eight years to make, and players will feel it to be rather empty.

I also think that Pdox followers have gotten spoiled with regular diary updates, and I think the bigger issue is not the lack of a DLC, but the lack of info on one. EU, for instance, pretty much starts a new Dev Diary weeks after last DLC is issued.

I also think that Pdox has moved offices (they have one in Spain now, and I think Johan is ensconced there) hired new staff etc, so it makes sense that they're behind a bit on this,

Yeah, I specifically haven't bought CK3 as it feels like the EA The Sims model. Why by the next generation until it is full of DLCs that get you back the features you had in the previous generation?

Syt

What DLC features are missing for you guys?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Yeah I think it's a good base to be honest - I quite like this game :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Not all of this are strictly DLC material, but still:

- The number of possible events is actually quite low if you are spending any kind of serious times with the game.
   Also I am not big on incest which accounted for half of these happenings with 1.0, but as I understand they have dialed this down since

- Special Byzantine mechanics would be nice

- Some actual internal challenge, especially ones not stemming from incest, would be neat. Overall the game has the means to be more challenging than CK2 due to better design but refuses to be so

Habbaku

I want deeper peacetime mechanics, mainly. A bigger reason to play around with feudal contract rights would be nice as well.

Ditto all of Tamas' concerns, especially more Byzantine stuff, though the incest bit has been handled.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on February 17, 2021, 10:38:32 AM
What DLC features are missing for you guys?

Sunset Invasion  :lmfao:
Civis Romanus Sum