And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Started a new game as the independent Armenian Duke on the Black Sea between the Byzantine's and the Abbassids in the 867 start.

Did the sensible thing and swore to Constantinople and started attacking smaller neighbors. Like two years in the Abbasids caved to an independence demand and among the states let go was the Kingdom of Armenia which is ruled by my dynasty. Kind of annoying. Well, I've gobbled up enough of Georgia to crown myself king. I just have to save up enough money.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on January 28, 2021, 09:59:02 PM
Ok Spellus.
My goal is to eventually take over the empire and convert them to the Apostolic church and convert them all culturally to Armenians.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

...and then force them to all read Kierkegaard, dress in hipster fashion, and spell incorrectly? :)

The Minsky Moment

Watch as he converts them all to Arminianism and ends up with a bunch of Dutch Reformed Byzantines.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 29, 2021, 01:13:27 PM
Watch as he converts them all to Arminianism and ends up with a bunch of Dutch Reformed Byzantines.

I tried to do that in EU2 once - there were events that have the Byzantines the option of healing the Schism and going catholic, with the later intent of going Reformed.

I don't think I was able to pull it off though - the problem of my state religion being different from my population was too much when combined with the Turks. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on January 29, 2021, 01:31:45 PM

I tried to do that in EU2 once - there were events that have the Byzantines the option of healing the Schism and going catholic, with the later intent of going Reformed.

I don't think I was able to pull it off though - the problem of my state religion being different from my population was too much when combined with the Turks. :(
If you'd gotten big enough to heal the schism, surely the Turks shouldn't have been an issue.  You would have had to conquer Syria, the Levant, Egypt and Italy.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 30, 2021, 12:16:00 AM
Quote from: Barrister on January 29, 2021, 01:31:45 PM

If you'd gotten big enough to heal the schism, surely the Turks shouldn't have been an issue.  You would have had to conquer Syria, the Levant, Egypt and Italy.

Nah - this was something different.  Maybe it was a mod, but I don't think so.  It wasn't "healing the schism", but rather submitting to Rome.  It converted your state religion to catholic, while all your provinces remained orthodox.  Remember this was EU2.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

There was this: The Council of Florence and the Union of the Churches
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

I managed to found Georgia, so things were going well.

Then things were going great. The Emperor pressed my claim for the heart of Armenia and easily won. I then usurped that Kingdom and the two were split between my two oldest sons when I died, but that's okay. More renown for me.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

My brother was my friend and supported me a lot, but he recently gave into the Emperor's demands to convert to Orthodoxy, so I've had to declared war on him in order to claim the throne of Armenia and set things right.  :cry:

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

I'm king of Georgia and Armenia. I can't declare a holy war on a neighboring independent 2 county Muslim state. Why?

I am Armenian Apostolic.
I am a vassal of the Byzantine Emperor. The Emperor is an Orthodox Christian. Crown authority is level 2.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 04, 2021, 07:47:25 AM
I'm king of Georgia and Armenia. I can't declare a holy war on a neighboring independent 2 county Muslim state. Why?

I am Armenian Apostolic.
I am a vassal of the Byzantine Emperor. The Emperor is an Orthodox Christian. Crown authority is level 2.

https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Casus_belli

QuoteVassals may only declare holy wars if they are of the same faith as their liege.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on February 04, 2021, 07:51:15 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 04, 2021, 07:47:25 AM

I am Armenian Apostolic.
https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Casus_belli

QuoteVassals may only declare holy wars if they are of the same faith as their liege.
Thought it might be something like that.

1 Karma Chameleon point