News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Does it fix not getting recognition for war contribution?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

I've been getting prestige as war contributions. Didn't notice if i ever get gold
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Habbaku on September 20, 2020, 01:58:36 PM
You know you guys can adjust the heresies yourself in the settings, right?

You can change it to "strict", which effects the area they pop up in, but not the frequency. Unless i've been unlucky in my games. There's also the weird cycle that if a duke/counts heir is an adult when the parent revolts the don't get auto converted when their parent loses the war, so they'll revolt once they inherit. starts a nicely timed cycle of revolts.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Syt

Quote from: HVC on September 28, 2020, 02:23:28 PM
I've been getting prestige as war contributions. Didn't notice if i ever get gold

Well, my contribution was always 0, regardless of whether I sat back, or if I won the war singlehandedly.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

I played a new game  last night (poland's fun, btw) and it was giving my point totals contributed and a cut of the prestige. So its at least partially fixed.

Habbaku

Quote from: HVC on September 28, 2020, 02:25:44 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on September 20, 2020, 01:58:36 PM
You know you guys can adjust the heresies yourself in the settings, right?

You can change it to "strict", which effects the area they pop up in, but not the frequency. Unless i've been unlucky in my games. There's also the weird cycle that if a duke/counts heir is an adult when the parent revolts the don't get auto converted when their parent loses the war, so they'll revolt once they inherit. starts a nicely timed cycle of revolts.

It seems like a lot of the heresy issues have been fixed in the 1.1 patch, so a lot of this is probably going to be moot soon.  :D
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

The changelog was impressive so I was wondering what, by Paradox tradition, would be seriously broken. Turns out it's just the very reason to do political marriages. They have made it so (not by bug, but by design according to the patchnotes) that disenfranchised genders under gender-dominated religions (so, religions, not succession laws) can't inherit claims.

Meaning, that Christian females will never inherit a claim and of course will not pass those on to their offspring, removing the only possible source of CB that doesn't involve some arbitrary spending of points or sending of your bishop.

And I was looking forward to starting a new game tonight. :(

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on September 29, 2020, 07:44:43 AM
The changelog was impressive so I was wondering what, by Paradox tradition, would be seriously broken. Turns out it's just the very reason to do political marriages. They have made it so (not by bug, but by design according to the patchnotes) that disenfranchised genders under gender-dominated religions (so, religions, not succession laws) can't inherit claims.

Meaning, that Christian females will never inherit a claim and of course will not pass those on to their offspring, removing the only possible source of CB that doesn't involve some arbitrary spending of points or sending of your bishop.

For what reason?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on September 29, 2020, 08:24:37 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 29, 2020, 07:44:43 AM

For what reason?

Apparently it's been now confirmed as a bug (although it is listed in the changelog as wad :P ) and allegedly there's already a mod working around it on Steam called "Non-Preferred Gender Claims Fix"

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Tonitrus

Quote from: Zanza on September 28, 2020, 12:32:23 PM
Have not read the whole wall of text, but the posts I saw suggest that some of the worst exploits and bugs were fixed.

Unless I'm wrong, I think this one...

Quote- If you vastly exceed your Domain Limit for more than one year (the grace period for new inheritances/conquests), all buildings will deactivate until your domain limit is lowered.

...pretty much kills the exploit from that last SpiffinBrit video.

Habbaku

That and the -100% loss cap on excess holdings instead of -90%.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Josephus on September 29, 2020, 11:18:26 AM
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/crusader-kings-iii-in-numbers-18-million-murders-four-million-betrothals-and-one-cannibalized-pope/

Interesting stats. But how are they collected? If I'm playing and I pet my dog, that gets recorded?

Ratio of murders to childbirths seems unsustainably high.  I don't think even the Merovingians knocked each other off at such a clip.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011