News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on September 13, 2020, 04:21:56 AM
So I'm suffering from what a number of others are reporting in the forums - War contribution when I join an ally for a war is always zero. Even if I was the one doing most of the fighting and sieging. Meaning you get all the expenses of waging war without any of the benfits. <_< It appears it only works for Holy Wars, based on forum comments?
Yeah that keeps happening and is quite annoying.

I've seen a few massive pagan blobs rise and then collapse into multiple kingdoms among brothers at war with each other. I quite like it as a mechanism.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on September 13, 2020, 09:36:32 AM
Oh, and I miss the minor titles that you could hand over to vassals for a small opinion boost. We don't even have regents anymore?
Oh and totally agree with this. Keeper of the Swans :(

I think you can see spaces already where they'll probably be looking for DLCs.
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Defeated William with the Norwegians so bad that Brittany was able to roll in and take over.

Harald died in one of the last battles of the war leaving his 8 year old son on the throne. So, I joined up with some of the Nomran counts and demanded independence.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

I have created my own mod from bits and pieces, to remove all de jure Empires except the HRE, Arab, Persia and Byzantium. Also have the change where the AI is 80% less likely to declare war, but the original mod also changed the enemy strength comparison multiplier from 1.1 to 0.8, I have upped that to 1.0.

From 1066 to 1220ish I have seen the least bordergore so far. The Seljuks swallowed up the mid-Asian steppes instead of going against a Byzantium that twice so far has ended up totally fragmentes for a few decades, but still. The HRE swallowed Hungary for a while but it has regained independence since. There were certainly attempts by a couple of emperors to do just that as I recall so it's no biggie.

What I would like to do is to prevent vassals from using the Holy War CB as that seems to drive most of the silly conquests.

Crazy_Ivan80

kinguin: a flat 20€ discount on CK3 atm

seems some people really want you to buy this

Tamas

well Kinguin is pretty grey market.

jimmy olsen

Conquered Oxfordshire and a vassal conquered the earldom to the west of that so I now have enough territory to usurp the Kingdom of England. Just need to save the money. I already have betrothed my heir to a daughter of the Petty King of Munster, just betrothed my daughter to the heir of the Kingdom of Denmark.

EDIT:

Usurped the Throne. The crown of England lies on an Anglo-Saxon brow once more.

Reestablished traditional Anglo-Saxon succession. My eldest son seems alright, so I'm voting for him.

Meanwhile, my eldest child has come of age. Wonder if she'll try and stab her way to the throne?

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I'm getting bazillions of sponsored ads for CK3. They really are keen to get people to buy it ASAP.
Its strange as I had thought Paradox's business model had totally changed towards more of a subscription model.
I wonder if they're back tracking on this, worried that people realise its best to hold off on playing it until after a few DLCs.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on September 15, 2020, 07:30:58 AM
I'm getting bazillions of sponsored ads for CK3. They really are keen to get people to buy it ASAP.
Its strange as I had thought Paradox's business model had totally changed towards more of a subscription model.
I wonder if they're back tracking on this, worried that people realise its best to hold off on playing it until after a few DLCs.
Got to build the player base up before you can sell them DLC

1 Karma Chameleon point

Saladin

Quick question, is CK3 a more accessible than CK2?
"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on September 15, 2020, 07:30:58 AM
I saw a top ten where I think three or four of the games were different versions of CK3. I think it's just been a very big hit so they're going to push it.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Saladin on September 15, 2020, 08:00:01 AM

Quick question, is CK3 a more accessible than CK2?

Yes.  The UI is more informative.  Lots of tool tips and there is a new tool that alerts you to things that you can do.

garbon

Quote from: grallonsphere
Is there a settings, somewhere, that govern the number of women generated.  We're like drowning in them.  My current character had 6 girls before he finally got a male heir.  All those girls produced girls in turn.  It's aggravating.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

After I fight a war , I always return my troops home before disbanding them. Because in CKII you had to do that, or you lost a good chunk of them. Does that happen in CKIII? Out of habit I return them home, but I'm not sure it matters.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011