News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

I got my first naked person today after ~25 hours into the game. I properly mansplained Jesus to her and got her to put clothes on again.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2020, 05:48:23 PM
I think this tweet confirmed all I needed to know about state of CK3... :P

https://twitter.com/blgtylr/status/1302007245358747648?s=09

And no, not looking at the blob.

If you mean Sweden being scattered all over the place, I believe there's a setting for that:

QuoteExclave Independence

Off: Rulers can have disconnected land anywhere in the world
Limited (AI Only): AI Rulers at peace will lose disconnected land on succession unless it's part of their de jure territory or is connected to the capital by one county or a naval path.
Significant (AI Only): AI Rulers at peace will lose disconnected land on succession unless it's part of their de jure territory or is connected to the capital by a naval path.
Total (AI Only): AI Rulers at peace will lose disconnected land on succession unless it's connected to the capital by a naval path.
Limited: Rulers at peace will lose disconnected land on succession unless it's part of their de jure territory or is connected to the capital by one county or a naval path.
Significant: Rulers at peace will lose disconnected land on succession unless it's part of their de jure territory or is connected to the capital by a naval path.   
Total: Rulers at peace will lose disconnected land on succession unless it's connected to the capital by a naval path.

https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Game_rules
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Well more like Sweden, Gardariki, Hwicce, Galicia, Wales, Alba and Lithuania. While exclave independence would with the after effects (/less stable base for further expansion), doesn't exactly assist with everyone snake about in odd directions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Finally getting around to playing some more. Btw, is it me, or is the soundtrack quite bland this time? I feel the last great soundtrack they did was for Stellaris.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Started as Count of Sundgau in the 800s, as vassal of the Duke of Bar (my cousin). Managed to gobble up a few neighboring counties. My liege presses a claim on East Francia. I use the chance to make myself Duke (Alsace and Transjuria[?]).

West Francia kicks my liege's butt, so Francia is reunited, and he and I are at the same level again (Dukes).

I go pressing my wife's claims, join allies' wars, and generally mind my own business. Then the Duke of Bar declares war on me. "Haha!" I think, "I'm allied to the King of West Francia!" Except I can't call on him, because I can't call him to defend against one of his own vassals. Meanwhile. Bar calls in the King of Italy. :o And despite mercs (I like the new system of paying up front for a fixed amount of time), they stomp me. Hard. And take Sundgau, which is my capital and most developed county. Fuckers.

Soon after, both I and the Duke of Bar die, but this slight shall never be forgotten as long as there is an heir of his and my family. :mad:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josephus

I find I'm winning a few too many wars simply by suddenly capturing enemy leader or his heir. A bit too cheesy. Needs to be nerfed, I think.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

Does this game have cadet lines?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on September 05, 2020, 04:52:31 PM
I find I'm winning a few too many wars simply by suddenly capturing enemy leader or his heir. A bit too cheesy. Needs to be nerfed, I think.

I actually prefer this rather than a never-ending hell war sieging down all their provinces.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

Pretty realistic though
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 05, 2020, 11:27:55 PM
Pretty realistic though

Haven't played CK3 but this historically happened a lot.

Tamas

Goddammit my PSU died so much for a Sunday spent playing this :p

Amazon shall arrive with the new one by 7pm. I actually completely forgot I only had a 500w in this one. I put in some extra stuff into it since then most notably a GPU upgrade so I guess no wonder after two weeks of Flight Simulator it gave up. :D

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on September 06, 2020, 03:14:59 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 05, 2020, 11:27:55 PM
Pretty realistic though

Haven't played CK3 but this historically happened a lot.
Poor King Harold :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Revenge is mine! My heir killed off the 3 year old Duke of Bar, so the title was inherited by the King of Italy, a 6 year old boy. Who I also killed, which meant that Bar became independent, because it was isolated within West Francia.

The count of Sundgau pledged allegiance to my king who then transferred the feudal contract to me. Now I just have to find a way to revoke the title to reclaim our rightful ancestral lands.  :menace:

Also, after a couple years I noticed that my character apparently became Jewish during his upbringing. I didn't actually notice until my King "gently asked" me to convert to Catholicism. Oops. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

Gave in to all the hype here and bought it.

It just crashes on startup/initializing game every time.  :(

I thought that shit didn't really happen anymore.