News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2020, 11:39:42 AM
This sucks. I have spent so much on CK2 I guess I just kind of hoped this would suck so I could just keep playing that without a sense of FOMO  :(

Actually I think its kind of great as I loved CK2 and I'll be happy to play CK3 once they've filled it out. So far most of the things I've seen on this thread and/or reviews are excitement over things that also happened in CK2. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on September 03, 2020, 01:54:51 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2020, 11:39:42 AM
This sucks. I have spent so much on CK2 I guess I just kind of hoped this would suck so I could just keep playing that without a sense of FOMO  :(

Actually I think its kind of great as I loved CK2 and I'll be happy to play CK3 once they've filled it out. So far most of the things I've seen on this thread and/or reviews are excitement over things that also happened in CK2. :)

That's a perfectly valid point and for sure it is largely a repeat of the CK2 experience. But if it manages to make me excited to play something I spent 1000+ hours with, I am happy.

Tamas

So is there like no vassal limit anymore?

Habbaku

Yeah, mostly what I like about CK3 at the moment is that it's clean, focused, the UI doesn't make my eyes bleed, etc.

I look forward to the expansions all the same, but am really happy that I can just futz around with the basic gameplay at the moment. At least, until I get bored and try the Vampire: The Dark Ages mod that's already out.  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

Yeah Valmy, it's more or less than same gameplay experience as CK2, just much nicer to play. Not missing out on too much to be honest. If you feel the itch, just boot up CK2  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 03, 2020, 02:17:09 PM
Yeah Valmy, it's more or less than same gameplay experience as CK2, just much nicer to play. Not missing out on too much to be honest. If you feel the itch, just boot up CK2  :)

I just remember loving CK1 so much and sure I would always play it but CK2 was so much better I dropped it and never looked back. Now if we are in a similar situation it would be sad to leave CK2 behind since fuck I am sure I spent more than $200 total on it. My most expensive non-MMO ever.

But hey maybe this is something people could give me for Christmas, I never know what to ask for anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

Christmastime purchase of CK3 is probably a good bet. I assume, by then, that the first DLC will either be out or on the horizon.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

Whatever happened to all the talk of moving over to a saas approach?
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2020, 02:20:08 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 03, 2020, 02:17:09 PM

I just remember loving CK1 so much and sure I would always play it but CK2 was so much better I dropped it and never looked back. Now if we are in a similar situation it would be sad to leave CK2 behind since fuck I am sure I spent more than $200 total on it. My most expensive non-MMO ever.

But hey maybe this is something people could give me for Christmas, I never know what to ask for anyway.

Yes, asking for a Do I legitimize my bastard son from my incestuous affair with my sister or keep my current heir simulator is a solid Christmas gift   :goodboy:  :P
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

@Valmy Game Pass PC is 5$/month & includes CK3, first time is 1$/month.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 03, 2020, 02:51:34 PM
Yes, asking for a Do I legitimize my bastard son from my incestuous affair with my sister or keep my current heir simulator is a solid Christmas gift   :goodboy:  :P

Well it is a family holiday...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

chipwich

Etc why did they remove army attachment?

HVC

Hungary has been fun so far
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

Quote from: HVC on September 03, 2020, 10:43:31 PM
Hungary has been fun so far

1066 Hungary or the other one? I saw an option that allows Magyar migration or something and...might give them a shot just to see what that is.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

Early start. When you select the migration decision and attack Bulgaria you get some event troops to help out. I then carved out some land from Moravia and subjugated a independent  duke. Raiding Germany is easy, I see why it happened in real life. Actually raiding should be much harder. You can make a 100  on a single adventure raiding in a circuit (which in the early game is a lot)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.