And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on September 02, 2020, 02:24:47 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 02, 2020, 01:47:05 AM
Come to think of it, I haven't seen any illness in the game apart from some form of STD.

I had a smallpox outbreak in my court. 8 characters had it, including my countess who died, and several who were left disfigured.

I feel secrets/hooks might be a bit OP? It feels quite easy to blackmail your way to a more advantageous feudal contract.

Wear your masks goddamit.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on September 02, 2020, 01:20:51 AM
Just read that pandemics aren't in the game yet. WTF.
I'm kind of fine with a pandemic-free game atm to be honest :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 02, 2020, 05:33:55 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 02, 2020, 01:20:51 AM
Just read that pandemics aren't in the game yet. WTF.
I'm kind of fine with a pandemic-free game atm to be honest :P

:rolleyes:

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Diplomacy screen. Need a dip screen/map mode

Also, after years of playing P'dox games, anyone find yourself looking at the top right corner for the calendar?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

One thing I find irritating is that if you're a count, and you select your county, it breaks down the territory of the higher entities on the map.

E.g. I'm playing as Verona, liege to Friul who is liege to Italy. When I select my county, it shows Friul and fellow counts as separate entities, and it makes it difficult to read on map which neighboring county is independent or part of my liege's realm. If I click elsewhere it "merges" back into Italy, but it's quite confusing/annoying.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

When you click on the coat of arms on the map it shows the lodge relations as lines on the map.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on September 02, 2020, 01:47:05 AM
Come to think of it, I haven't seen any illness in the game apart from some form of STD.

I have had my wife die weeks after our marriage and then three children from my second marriage die of illnesses.  I am beginning to wonder if I shouldn't have the physician in my court.....

Or perhaps take the learning lifestyle and get the hand washing perk.  :hmm:

Zanza

I had lots of vassals dying from battle injuries. No disease yet.

Habbaku

Definitely disease in my game: my heir just died from typhus 1 year after succeeding.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Yeah have seen a few cases of disease since then.

Another gripe: it would be really cool if a single generation could pass in the game WITHOUT any close family incest. Brother-sister is the usual but I have also seen mother-daughter.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on September 02, 2020, 03:45:05 PM

Another gripe: it would be really cool if a single generation could pass in the game WITHOUT any close family incest. Brother-sister is the usual but I have also seen mother-daughter.

Someone is trapped in his normative bubble...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tamas on September 02, 2020, 03:45:05 PM

FunkMonk

Murdered my nephew so I could inherit a dukedom in Portugal from my old and ailing mother, then went to war with my sister who claimed the Kingdom of Galicia and threw her in jail along with her husband, the King of Navarra, now planning to eliminate the mother of my murdered nephew, a French Capetian Princess who rules Castille and claim it for myself.

Yup, it scratches that itch.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 03, 2020, 08:44:18 AM
Murdered my nephew so I could inherit a dukedom in Portugal from my old and ailing mother, then went to war with my sister who claimed the Kingdom of Galicia and threw her in jail along with her husband, the King of Navarra, now planning to eliminate the mother of my murdered nephew, a French Capetian Princess who rules Castille and claim it for myself.

Yup, it scratches that itch.
I have a game now that is basically like a Medieval slasher film - someone, somewhere is killing off all of my relatives one by one but I have no idea who :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!