News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

I preordered the Royal edition because I am weak.

For those that haven't broken yet, there's a sale here:

https://www.wingamestore.com/product/11677/Crusader-Kings-III-Royal-Edition/
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

I'll be using GamePass to play-test this beta when it releases on Monday.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Solmyr

It's gonna be on GamePass? Well that settles it, I'm not paying for the full game.  :contract:

Tamas

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 29, 2020, 08:05:20 PM
I'll be using GamePass to play-test this beta when it releases on Monday.

Yeah my line of thinking as well.

Do we know if its unlocking there at local midnight times like Flight Simulator, or its going to be synched with the Steam release?

celedhring

I've been watching numerous let's play, and so far I still don't have a compelling reason as to why I should play this instead of CK2, besides the graphics.

I'm pretty sure I'll get it down the line, mind, when there's more stuff (mods, even) that make the game feel a bit more different.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on August 30, 2020, 03:55:52 AM
I've been watching numerous let's play, and so far I still don't have a compelling reason as to why I should play this instead of CK2, besides the graphics.

I'm pretty sure I'll get it down the line, mind, when there's more stuff (mods, even) that make the game feel a bit more different.

I am hoping for a better UI and improved mechanics. The real question for me is if it will make sense to play CK3 instead of CK2 with the HIP mod.

Syt

I guess this will be a key release for Paradox. They lost some goodwill after Imperator, and while HoI4 is popular I don't feel it's as popular as CK2 and EU4. Those two titles (and publishing Cities: Skylines) put them on the mainstream map, but I feel they've been dropping off since then.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I'd say Stellaris has been very popular too.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on August 31, 2020, 02:46:22 AM
I'd say Stellaris has been very popular too.

Yes, but I think that took a while to get where it is now. I feel like it was a bit of an inverse of EU4. EU4 was quite popular at launch but with ever more DLC adding complexity, EU4 seems to have waned a bit to its usual hardcore fanbase, whereas Stellaris kept adding actual major new features and major gameplay mechanics, increasing its appeal, without the constraints of a historical strategy game
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

According to steam charts, Stellaris is averaging about 5k players less than EUIV.

I feel like Stellaris hit a bit of a brick wall when it kept reinventing key mechanics.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

And yeah with HOI4 and Imperator (as successor to Rome), it appears they don't really know what to do with sequels anymore. Will have to see if they have learned any lessons with CK3.

Syt

Well, they seem to lean increasingly towards alt-hist instead of historical simulation. They always have, but with games like HoI4 they've reached new heights.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

The release on my GP app says September 1st.

Quill18, will probably, stream it today from 12EST on Twitch.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.