News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Ah! Just figured out why I couldn't find stuff.

The last time I was playing there must have been update, so I set it to a beta of the previous version so I wouldn't mess it up. I was playing on 1.71 this whole time. :(

EDIT: I updated a managed to play the save without it crashing. Some of these features are nice.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: Syt on July 02, 2023, 02:44:39 AMElder Kings hasn't been updated to the latest version of CK3 yet, so I decided to check out the version for CK2. While on the Workshop I saw there's also a Faerun total conversion. :D

I played a bit as Lord Nasher of Neverwinter, messing around with the game's systems. You can hire adventurers to send on quests (or go on quests yourself), I could assign people to be part of the Neverwinter Nine, join a society of merchant cities; there's tons of religions and cultures, including monsters. Good stuff.

The mod also spawns in various baddies/crises from D&D. Pretty cool. Though the King of Shadows (the Big Bad from Neverwinter Nights 2) was a bit anticlimactic. I got the message that he's returned, so I started searching for him. Turned out he was sitting in my court. :hmm: I cold give him a council position, give him titles etc. In the end I decided to try and imprison him. Which I could. And then I executed him - which didn't even give me a penalty because he was "too insignificant". :lol:

Besides this it's a pretty cool mod to mess around in. The original mod is here:

The original mod is here (updated in January): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2170659885

However, the original uploader has retired, and work continues here (updated June 25th): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2938385596

:cool:

Very nice find Syt, I'll give that a spin.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

I conquered Tunis and gave it to my hale, handsome son.

The HRE dissolved and I was able to vassalize Lombardy and several other duchies and counties, including some from DeJure Germany and Bavaria. From what I can tell by reading the histories of those involved, Bohemia lead a revolt (I assume for a dissolution faction) and captured the Kaiser after defeating him in battle.

I don't have a screenshot showing my latest expansion, but I almost have enough to crown myself King of Bavaria (20 out of 22 counties). I don't really have a related candidate to give the throne to. Might wait until my son inherits. Hopefully he will have several sons that things can be split up with.

EDIT: My goal is still to put my family on as many thrones as possible, but it will not get me the many thrones achievement. It will help for renown farming, but they have to be independent rulers to grant that achievement.

My poem had a 99% chance of being lauded. This is X-com level bullshit.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Once you get enough family members on thrones, can't you start a dissolution civil war that abolishes the Papal Empire and makes his vassals independent?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on July 02, 2023, 11:31:05 PMOnce you get enough family members on thrones, can't you start a dissolution civil war that abolishes the Papal Empire and makes his vassals independent?
Yeah, but the whole point of this game is to make a Papal Superstate

1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Been messing around with mods over the weekend. Catholic Trinity has finally been updated, but still seems to have some issues (e.g. bishops not wearing their vestments ...).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2730456007

I gave obfusCKate a try. It meant I had to disable a lot of other mods that would override it. It's ... different, more challenging. Unfortunately you can still circumvent it (e.g. sorting the list of suitable marriage candidated), and candidates for court positions will still be sorted by suitability, which kinda takes a lot of it away. But I guess changing it that it sorts based on visible instead of actual values would be difficult to achieve with a mod.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2874007571&searchtext=obfusckation

Worse, though, it doesn't work with RUI mods, which I've gotten quite fond of by now. Best is RUI:Character which changes the character window a lot and adds a lot of quality of life features (though it took some getting used to). There's also a family tree gadget and (just released) a realm ledger from the devs:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2874975194

I've tried Historic Invasions, which spawns a ton of historic invaders/adventurers, and I'm not sure where I stand on it. It adds a bit more historical railroading, and I think they added triggers to some degree to make sure things don't get too wacky. But at the same time I'm not sure if it's a bit too scripted? At any rate, you can disable/enable any of the invaders in the game rules (e.g. if you only want Turkic invaders but nothing else), and how strong they are and what it takes to defeat them. It also lets you play as any of these invaders.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2837398670&searchtext=historic+invasions

QuoteFeatures
Invaders demand subjugation from every ruler who holds land within a chosen title under threat of war. The invader then receives bonus levies to make them as strong as all defenders in all invasion wars combined. Those bonus levies are disbanded step by step as the wars end to keep the remaining wars balanced.

Zanj rebellion (Basra, 869)
Harald Fairhair: unification of Norway (870)
Oleg Rurikid (Rus', 879)
Sa'id Jannabid: Qarmatian revolt (899)
Rise of the Shia: Abdullah Fatimid (Africa, 909) and later migration to Egypt
Norse settlers in Normandy (910) (disabled if RICE is active)
Otto Ludolfinger's restoration of the Holy Roman Empire (911+)
Simeon Balgarsko: first Bulgarian Empire (912)
Parântaka Chola (Deccan, 920)
Mardavij Ziyarid: Zoroastrian uprising (Daylam, 931)
Cuman-Kipchak Confederation (10th century)
Mieszko Piast: unification of Poland (960)
Qarghuyah (Aleppo, 968)
Sabuktigin Ghaznavid (Kabulistan, 977)
Knud Knytling: North Sea Empire (1016)
Tughril Seljuk (Persia, 1037)
William de Hauteville (Sicily, 1038)
Yahya Almoravid (Morocco, 1050)
William de Normandie (England, 1066)
Suleiman Seljuk of Rûm (Asia Minor, 1077)
periodic Turkic migrations into Asia Minor & Persia (1080 - 1220)
Sigeweard Bearn (New England, 1087)
Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar 'El Cid' (Valencia, 1094)
Nizari Assassin Orders in Persia (1090) and Syria (1162)
Amghar Almohad (Morocco, 1121); replaces base game invasion
Dezong Yelü: Qara Khitai (1124)
Northern Crusades: Teutonic & Livonian Orders (1147)
Husayn Ghurid (Kabulistan, 1152)
Saladin Ayyubid's coup (Egypt, 1171)
Tekish Anushtiginid: Khwarezmian Empire (Persia, 1172)
Fourth Crusade (1204)
Mamluks of India (1206)
Sundiata Keita (Mali, 1230)
Mamluks of Egypt (1250)
Osman Ghazi: Ottoman Empire (1299)
Gediminas (Lithuania, 1316)
Sangama: Vijayanagara Empire (India, 1336)
Timur 'the Lame' (Persia, 1370)

Ancient History
(disabled by default)
Attila the Hun (434)
Alexander 'the Great' Argead (336 BC)
Chandragupta Maurya (322 BC)

Fantasy
(disabled by default)
Bing Song (India, 1279)

Miscellaneous
Ayyubid, Ghurid: recruit Mamluk commanders
Mamluk elective government
Play as the invaders once they appear (can be disabled)
Split Arabia into three smaller kingdoms
Enable / disable each invasion individually via game rules
A plethora of game rules to customize your experience
The choosen game start date determines which invasion stories can take place, thus it's theoretically compatible with bookmark mods
Debug mode decisions to manually trigger each invsaion
Debug mode character interaction to instantly end an invasion
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

The Papal Empire is doing well.

As is House Canossa, we are Kings of Italy, Bavaria and Sicily (the rest of Calibri was taken in order to create that title.)

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Doing okay. The Papal Empire is coming along fairly well and all six kings/queens in it are of my dynasty.

I'm in danger! :o
The Mongols are currently invading Hungary.
EDIT:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

For those into it, there's a fairly comprehensive Game of Thrones modlist (comes with link to a json file you can import for the load order):

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3003432026

I played around with it for a bit and it seems pretty stable - however, I had to remove the last mod in the load order (forget what it was) because otherwise the game crashed.

There's also two small things with the AGOT: Minor Cultural Flavor and AGOT Minor House Flavor submods but those can be fixed quite easily - the recommended edits are in the comments threads.

There's also plenty of custom game rules available. The mod has two bookmarks: Robert's Rebellion, and 2 years later, with him just having taken the throne.

Overall a silly amount of content and flavor.
—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

Pretty good, got us like 14 crowns, half of them independent.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

First time playing the Hapsburgs in any CK game. Got crushed by Swabia 1st try.

Second try is doing well though. Not an easy start with just one poor Alpine county. I've gone from 1 to 6 counties in 3 generations. First guy impaled by a stag's antler's, second guy fell out a window.

Hmm...wetnurses, tribal rites of passage and more chances to influence your wards personality.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/dev-diary-133-wet-nurses.1595724/

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

So I guess we can really give up on waiting for things expanding the "strategy" rather than the "sandbox RPG" part of the game, then.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 09, 2023, 02:53:00 AMSo I guess we can really give up on waiting for things expanding the "strategy" rather than the "sandbox RPG" part of the game, then.

Yep.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

I wish you could decline being elected emperor. It's quite disruptive of long term strategy. <_<

1 Karma Chameleon point