News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Field of Glory - Empires

Started by crazy canuck, July 21, 2019, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

DLC coming:

https://www.matrixgames.com/news/field-of-glory-empires-persia-550-330-bce-is-coming-soon

QuoteOne of the most innovative videogames in the grand strategy genre is ready to strike again.

Field of Glory: Empires - Persia 550 - 330 BCE new campaign starts 2 centuries before the Empires campaign. It brings players at the time when Athens and Sparta were still vying for supremacy over Hellas world while the Achaemenid Empire is more and more looming on the other side of the Aegean Sea.

This DLC adds new custom content for each faction in the game. Every nation will receive new sets of tools to further their goals alongside a totally revamped system of Impediments and Perks.

Federate some barbarians, form new colonies, decide to declare the Olympic Games, and many more options available!
Major nations of this time have seen a 'special' focus. Don't expect to play Persia as you play Athens or Lydia! New Events, missions, national modifiers, special units and specific buildings will make you play differently.

Get more information about the game from its official product page.

You don't need any FOG2 DLCs in order to play Field of Glory: Empires - Persia 550 - 330 BCE

Field of Glory: Empires - Persia 550 - 330 BCE is currently in BETA. Join us in polishing and giving the final touches to the game.

Are you eager to see the game in action? DasTactic will be playing Field of Glory: Empires - Persia 550 - 330 BCE today on our official Twitch channel at 6 pm GMT.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

New campaign coming out as DLC next week, covering 550-330BC. There will be unique mechanics for the major countries it seems:

https://www.slitherine.com/news/focus-faction-persia

I will be using this to return to the game as a regular player. :)

crazy canuck

crazy canuck

I played Rome again after putting this game down for a while. Great fun!  The diplomacy updates are very well done.  The game really has two phases now.  Detailed orientated early game where you spend a lot of time building in each region and setting up your economic flow and then the mid game where you turn more to diplomacy and lean on the other factions you have cooperated with and then move into the end game where you try to hold the whole thing together while getting to the legacy lead. 

crazy canuck

Havent played any turns yet - stuck at the point where I have to decide who I will play first. I thought it would certainly by the Persians, but Sparta and Athens are tempting for a first play through.

Richard Hakluyt

I'm playing Carthage, out of the place where most of the action is happening  :cool:

The regional demerits are a real pain..................the net effect is that expansion is slowed,

crazy canuck

Went with Persia - it is a blast.  The game has a different feel in this scenario.  It's not just cosmetic changes.  I really like the regional decisions addition - lots of interesting decisions to make on top of all the other decisions from the base game.

10 Immortals out of 10

crazy canuck

I am just about finished my Persian game.  It alone has been worth the price of the DLC.  I have now conquered Sparta.  They had nearly finished off Athens when the Athenians requested by aid and gave me water and earth (became my client state) in return for me defending them and going to war against Sparta.  Their timing was about perfect because I had all my forces mustered and fleets assembled to declare war on Athens, so it was an easy thing to do to land on Spartan held territories instead.  I then absorbed Athens into the greatness of the Persian empire. 

I left the Egyptians to last but with no other meaningful opponents they are fairly easy now that I can concentrate on them.

Now I just need to get to 3 times their legacy points.  Which is going to take a while - in hindsight I should have taken out the Egyptians much earlier.

Only 2.8 percent of the players have completed the Grand Campaign in the base game - I guess most don't bother running out the legacy points when it looks like they are going to win.  Which is a bit of a loss for them because part of the challenge in this game is actually holding everything together until you actually do win. 

I am looking forward to trying Athens next.

Richard Hakluyt

It will be interesting to see if it all goes pear-shaped before you get the legacy points. I noted that Egypt had a vast number of these right from the start.

Josquius

Does it make things falling apart fun?
Thats a challenge games usually fail with
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on May 26, 2020, 04:33:45 AM
Does it make things falling apart fun?
Thats a challenge games usually fail with

I find it fun.  It changes the way you develop your regions and provinces from the beginning.  If you are just playing and building to play to the end of the occupation phase it is not very difficult because you are going to stop playing when your unbalanced decisions start hurting.  But it is very satisfying to build an empire that can last.

Maladict

Got it and the expansion yesterday. Don't know what I'm doing, but it does look interesting enough.

crazy canuck

Finished off the Persian campaign and enjoyed the late game missions and events.

Started an a game as Athens.  Completely different game with that faction.  Loving the colony mechanic and always having to keep an eye on Sparta.

Josquius

I was very tempted to buy. But lockdown probably isn't the best time. I don't need another never ending game :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████