Wall-E
5 (15.6%)
Other (List)
1 (3.1%)
Cars 4: Return of Jaron
3 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 32

celedhring

It's been a while since I made a film poll, and I love polls!

What's the best, in Languish' not-so-humble opinion, best Pixar movie?

I was torn between Up! Wall-E and Toy Story 3. All are high watermarks of Pixar, but none is perfect. Wall-E has that dialogue-less first half until the humans show up which is absolutely masterful, then it's... okay. Up! suffers from a similar problem, as the first act is a masterpiece but the film becomes merely "good" once they touch down on the island. Maybe Toy Story 3 is more consistently good... but it doesn't reach the same highs as those films.

Went with Wall-E, but could have easily picked any of the other 2.

Liep

I went with Up! but it was a difficult choice with Wall-E and Inside Out as close contenders.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

frunk

Went with Ratatouille, although on another given day I could easily say the Incredibles, Coco or Wall-E.  Up! has such a fantastic start, but once they got to South America I got tired of it very fast.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on July 09, 2019, 05:18:09 AM

I was torn between Up! Wall-E and Toy Story 3. All are high watermarks of Pixar, but none is perfect. Wall-E has that dialogue-less first half until the humans show up which is absolutely masterful, then it's... okay. Up! suffers from a similar problem, as the first act is a masterpiece but the film becomes merely "good" once they touch down on the island. Maybe Toy Story 3 is more consistently good... but it doesn't reach the same highs as those films.

What about The Incredibles? I remember thinking it was the best thing Pixar had done until that moment, even if it had some chilling Randian overtones.

Maladict

Jaron option as I haven't seen any of them. :blush:

Duque de Bragança

Dammit, Maladict beat me to it!  :mad:

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 09, 2019, 06:19:30 AM
Dammit, Maladict beat me to it!  :mad:

I was going to go with you and Mal, but then I realised I'd seen three of them. 

Seen Up!, Wall-E and Toy story, choose Up! for the visuals, though the Wall-E was had the better story arc.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Cars, Brave, A Bug's life & Monsters, Inc are all better than the movies listed but Toy Story 1-3, Wall-E & Coco.

Cars for #1.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Up.
Wall E is good.
But dog.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Shoot, I've never even heard of Up!

Voted Wall-E.

Oexmelin

Quote from: celedhring on July 09, 2019, 05:18:09 AM

I entirely agree. It's as if they create amazing short, silent stories, and then think that, no, surely they can't get away with this, can they? And then add up some more typical cartoon fare (vilains, action, exposition...).

I really disliked Toy Story 3's ending. I would be tempted to swap it with Inside Out.
Que le grand cric me croque !

frunk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 09, 2019, 08:20:01 AM
Shoot, I've never even heard of Up!

Voted Wall-E.

This followed by This is the only part of Up! you really need to see.  The rest is only ok.

Barrister

I couldn't make it through the first few minutes of Up! without crying, so I've never really seen it past that point.

Somehow I've also missed Ratatouille, Coco, and Wall-E.

Of the remainder, I think I might just go with Inside Out.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

frunk

Quote from: Barrister on July 09, 2019, 09:50:35 AM
Of the remainder, I think I might just go with Inside Out.

Inside Out is the one I haven't seen, although I definitely want to.

Malthus

Inside Out is great - it's a contender. Though I voted for Wall-E because the first half of it is just that good.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius