News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

July in Edmonton

Started by Savonarola, June 26, 2019, 12:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

I will be in Edmonton for business from July 8 to 12.  Is anyone up for an IRL meeting in the evening of either the 10th or the 11th?  I'll be staying near 175 Street and 100 Avenue.

(The usual disclaimer: as with everything else in rail, this is subject to change - usually at the last minute and without warning.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

:w00t:

Of course I'd love to meet up!  I believe Camerus is the only other semi-active poster in Edmonton, and although we've mentioned it once or twice, we've never met up.  Maybe if Neil happens to see this, but I haven't seen him for a long time.

As it happens my family will be out camping that week while I stay at work (my holidays start July 20), so I'll be around with not much to do.  You're out at the west end which isn't my usual stomping grounds - I work downtown and live in the south, but I could probably make it out there.

Let's see... the Street Performers Festival is going on that week - grab some food truck food, watch some jugglers/comedians/whatever.  Might be fun.  Or since you're nearby, I could take you to the one thing Edmonton is world-famous for - our Mall. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 26, 2019, 01:01:35 PM
Expect Snow.

Don't be crazy.  You don't expect snow in July.

You just can't rule it out entirely.

Admiral Yi

Is that the mall featured in that movie about the two fuckups working in the oil fields?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2019, 01:10:09 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 26, 2019, 01:01:35 PM
Expect Snow.

Don't be crazy.  You don't expect snow in July.

You just can't rule it out entirely.

It has snowed 100% of the time I have been there in both July and August.  2/2 times.  :D

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2019, 02:51:46 PM
Is that the mall featured in that movie about the two fuckups working in the oil fields?

Uh, FUBAR?  Haven't seen it, but if it's a mall in Edmonton, then yes almost certainly.  We do have other malls, but WEM is "The Mall".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2019, 04:02:02 PM
Uh, FUBAR?  Haven't seen it

How can you not have seen the one movie ever made that mentions your town?  What kind of homer are you?

Camerus

Shit, I'd like to meet up, but I'm in Quebec City and Toronto respectively on those days.

Beeb, I'm still up for a meet up in August or any time after that.

Barrister

Quote from: Camerus on June 26, 2019, 05:21:43 PM
Shit, I'd like to meet up, but I'm in Quebec City and Toronto respectively on those days.

Beeb, I'm still up for a meet up in August or any time after that.

For sure - we really should do that.

What part of the city are you in anyways?

Camerus

Southwest. I suspect I literally live about 10 minutes from you.

Barrister

Quote from: Camerus on June 26, 2019, 09:22:42 PM

Probably. :lol:

I'm in Twin Brooks personally.

You don't happen to work downtown do you?

Camerus

Yep, not too far from Canada Place.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2019, 10:37:10 PM
Quote from: Camerus on June 26, 2019, 09:22:42 PM

Probably. :lol:

I'm in Twin Brooks personally.

You don't happen to work downtown do you?

Take it inside  :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2019, 01:09:04 PM
:w00t:

Of course I'd love to meet up!  I believe Camerus is the only other semi-active poster in Edmonton, and although we've mentioned it once or twice, we've never met up.  Maybe if Neil happens to see this, but I haven't seen him for a long time.

As it happens my family will be out camping that week while I stay at work (my holidays start July 20), so I'll be around with not much to do.  You're out at the west end which isn't my usual stomping grounds - I work downtown and live in the south, but I could probably make it out there.

Let's see... the Street Performers Festival is going on that week - grab some food truck food, watch some jugglers/comedians/whatever.  Might be fun.  Or since you're nearby, I could take you to the one thing Edmonton is world-famous for - our Mall. <_<

Hey, just like Toronto.   :)

;)

Street Performers Festival sounds like fun; is there a day that works better for you?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock