What was your biggest pop culture disappointment?

Started by Savonarola, June 19, 2019, 12:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

He can't log in here? we've had this discussion before.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

I'm sure moldy could reset his password. Or he could set up a new account. Excuses, excuses. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Quote from: Syt on June 21, 2019, 01:52:36 AM
I'm sure moldy could reset his password. Or he could set up a new account. Excuses, excuses. :P

It would have to be a new account i think as he set his email to something seedyqesue

garbon

Quote from: katmai on June 21, 2019, 01:55:06 AM

It would have to be a new account i think as he set his email to something seedyqesue

So the better alternative is some lame beyond the grave posts?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

I'm pretty sure he said something along the lines of "Now this is what I've been waiting to see--Anakin Skywalker leading a violent, fascistic purge of the Jedi".  But maybe that wasn't a recommendation he made after seeing it;  maybe it was what he thought he was going to get to see based on the previews.

Camerus

NHL 95 for SNES. Set against the backdrop of our entering adolescence, my best friend and I were obsessed with NHL 94. We would have  practically  weekly sleepover is at my house, where we played  NHL 94 for hours on end . 

When we heard that NHL 95 was going to incorporate player creation and a season mode,  we were stoked,  and hashed out all the possibilities of what that would mean in the months leading up to its release .

However, our friendship was also gradually unraveling, and it may have been that our shared love of NHL 94 was increasingly the glue that held it together. The reason was that he was entering the path of cool stoner dropout, and I the way of inveterate nerdom.

Sadly when the big day came and it hit the shelves, the gameplay turned out to be completely different from its predecessor, and worse in just about every way imaginable. All our planning disappeared into thin air and, as you would expect, that was pretty much around the time that our 5 years of close friendship did too.

Admiral Yi

Master and Commander: Far Side of the World.  I am the biggest OBrian fanboi in the world, and the trailers looked great.  Movie was a massive letdown.

Razgovory

Half-life episode 3.  Still waiting on that one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: katmai on June 21, 2019, 01:55:06 AM

An admin could change his password to 12345, letting him log in, change his email adress, change his password.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 21, 2019, 11:20:57 PM
Master and Commander: Far Side of the World.  I am the biggest OBrian fanboi in the world, and the trailers looked great.  Movie was a massive letdown.

I think it's a great movie, but tastes are like assholes and all that...

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on June 22, 2019, 01:52:14 AM
We have no admins anymore. :P

And you're basically the last moderator left who is even semi-active. 

If Languish dies, it will be for lack of people who have control of the board.  :P

mongers

Someone could leave a message for Vm in the general issues pinned thread about this, as he often reads that one and responds in good order.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

katmai

Quote from: mongers on June 22, 2019, 07:25:32 AM

Someone could leave a message for Vm in the general issues pinned thread about this, as he often reads that one and responds in good order.
I'm just teasing mongers, i talk to Moldy on Facebook, that's how Saladin got back in, and we've set it up for Lucidor to come back as well.