News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baldur's Gate 3 announced

Started by Syt, June 06, 2019, 12:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Good timing. I think I am just about finished with my first run. Only probably 20 hours to go.  :lol:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

That patch was huge in size, at least.
Maybe I should give it another go.

Syt

My playthrough took me 8 or 9 months, but I was happy with all the quality of life changes they introduced over that time, and it seems they're adding more. Maybe time to revive my current replay. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Norgy

Syt

She was my female paladin's lover in my playthrough and I think got the best possible outcome for her (well, except I sacrificed myself in the end; you know, as paladin's should).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

So I picked up my bard game again ... and I will have to start over it seems. I resolved the goblin situation and return to the grove. But apparently I messed up an interaction with Mol 20+ hours earlier, and now every time I breathe near a Tiefling guard in the grove they challenge me: "I heard you're threatening children." My options are:
- deception
- bard deception
- attack
I can beat the deception checks easy enough, but if I pass ... the dialogue triggers again immediately, endlessly. No way to actually get past. I tried to maybe get past it by triggering the celebration with the Long Rest ... but I get challenged by the guards there, too.  :rolleyes:

Checked online and seems there's no workaround except ... rolling back 20 hours of game (village, Karlach, the burning outpost, druid conspiracy, goblin camp ... ). Or ... killing those guards (and/or everyone in the grove). <_<
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Those freaking Tiefling kids are one of my least favorite part of the game. Not only do they not act like kids at all but they do seem to have all these annoying bugs and nonsense you have to deal with.

It is kind of funny because all the Tiefling adults all act like normal people in a bad situation. Their kids are all complete psychopaths. Like nobody would actually act like those Tiefling kids in those situations.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

Quote from: Syt on September 08, 2024, 01:41:41 PMChecked online and seems there's no workaround except ... rolling back 20 hours of game (village, Karlach, the burning outpost, druid conspiracy, goblin camp ... ). Or ... killing those guards (and/or everyone in the grove). <_<

Sounds like an opportunity for an evil playthrough. :P

Oexmelin

Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2024, 02:12:42 PMThose freaking Tiefling kids are one of my least favorite part of the game. Not only do they not act like kids at all but they do seem to have all these annoying bugs and nonsense you have to deal with.

It is kind of funny because all the Tiefling adults all act like normal people in a bad situation. Their kids are all complete psychopaths. Like nobody would actually act like those Tiefling kids in those situations.

I don't know. If my town had been literally dragged to hell, I had lost my parents, and had to stick around adults who, for the most part, don't really seem to give a shit, it may have modified somehow how I behave in the world.

I suspect the model for the tiefling kids was the Dickensian/Victorian orphan (see: Artful Dodger, or Baker Street Irregulars, - which does not act like a 21st century North America kid either.
Que le grand cric me croque !

crazy canuck

Quote from: Oexmelin on September 09, 2024, 11:09:21 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2024, 02:12:42 PMThose freaking Tiefling kids are one of my least favorite part of the game. Not only do they not act like kids at all but they do seem to have all these annoying bugs and nonsense you have to deal with.

I don't know. If my town had been literally dragged to hell, I had lost my parents, and had to stick around adults who, for the most part, don't really seem to give a shit, it may have modified somehow how I behave in the world.

I suspect the model for the tiefling kids was the Dickensian/Victorian orphan (see: Artful Dodger, or Baker Street Irregulars, - which does not act like a 21st century North America kid either.

Yeah, I quite liked that part of the story, I interacted with the leader of the urchins and got a nice subquest for the big city.  It was right out of Dickens with a DnD twist, as you said.