News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2019 NFL Draft

Started by dps, April 25, 2019, 07:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Anyone watching?  Nice to see that Roger Goodell still gets booed.

KRonn

Hehe, Roger is making what, 40mil a year? Something ridiculous. I'm not watching but going to see who the Patriots get as they make the usual yearly changes that all teams make. I'm hoping they get a very good tight end to replace Gronk, and strengthen the defense.

Sophie Scholl

Browns already got their pick:  OBJ.  That said, the Raiders did... ok.  I think they severely reached at 4 for their guy though.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

Kind of a fun first round night.  First time I ever went to a draft party-type thing.  Bengals got a stud OT, so I'm happy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Defeatist yokel fans are whining about how Pittsburgh traded up and "stole our LB".  Bengals were going to take Williams regardless.  Steelers might have stolen him from someone else, but not from the Bengals.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

I think it's now official - the Giants are the worst-run organization in the NFL.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 26, 2019, 04:16:07 PM
I think it's now official - the Giants are the worst-run organization in the NFL.

You are, of course, thinking Cleveland is not part of the NFL?

katmai

Nah Cleveland is actually looking semi competent. Giants can't say the same.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: katmai on April 27, 2019, 12:59:38 AM
Nah Cleveland is actually looking semi competent. Giants can't say the same.
:showoff:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

KRonn

Patriot's round one pick was a wide receiver, next two rounds defensive players, then a running back and offensive linesmen. Plus a QB in round four. Then more defense players.

Rex Francorum

Quote from: KRonn on April 28, 2019, 02:08:42 PM
Patriot's round one pick was a wide receiver, next two rounds defensive players, then a running back and offensive linesmen. Plus a QB in round four. Then more defense players.6

Strangely no TE. Either they intend to get one elsewhere or to change the offense to fit their personnel.
To rent

dps

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 26, 2019, 06:57:53 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 26, 2019, 04:16:07 PM

You are, of course, thinking Cleveland is not part of the NFL?

Or Washington.

derspiess

Quote from: Rex Francorum on April 28, 2019, 02:34:35 PM
Patriot's round one pick was a wide receiver, next two rounds defensive players, then a running back and offensive linesmen. Plus a QB in round four. Then more defense players.6

Strangely no TE. Either they intend to get one elsewhere or to change the offense to fit their personnel.

They'll sign some random undrafted free agent or someone from another team's practice squad and turn him into a star.

Liep

Patriot's round one pick was a wide receiver, next two rounds defensive players, then a running back and offensive linesmen. Plus a QB in round four. Then more defense players.

That offensive linesman is the 2nd ever Dane to be drafted in the NFL. :w00t: I might root for the Patriots this season.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Wondered where that dude was from.  A name like that sticks out in the NFL :D