News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Wolfenstein: Youngbloods

Started by Syt, March 27, 2019, 09:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Official story trailer, game comes in summer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQyTIrHWax0

I loved New Order, I liked New Colossus, I hope this game will not continue the downward trajectory. Although I like the setting of 1980 Paris.

And I approve of using music by Carpenter Brut for the trailer. The song is Turbo Killer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Apparently, the game is really, really, really bad.  As a single player FPS, it sucks.  Or so I've heard...

Have you played it?  I'm playing #2 right now, and I actually like it even more than the first one :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Haven't played it after the bad/mediocre reviews. Seems really bad for single player as the AI co-op partner is pretty bad. And it seems grindy and repetitive, and story nowhere near as good as the other two games. Which is a shame, because I was looking forward to stomping through 1980s Nazi occupied Paris. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

It's a shame, really. If they had done just "more of the same," with an 80s setting, people would have embraced it. Even the "two different paths" that you have in the previous games (Wyatt vs Ferguson) is already baked in by having twin protagonists - have different playthroughs/cutscenes depending on who you choose to play.

Instead it's a hub based mess with respawning enemies, unnecessary RPG mechanics, and little structure/story. :/
—Stephen Jay Gould