Halo Master Chief Collection coming to Steam & Microsoft Store

Started by Syt, March 12, 2019, 04:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

... not a Microsoft Store exclusive?  :huh:

https://www.pcgamer.com/halo-the-master-chief-collection-is-coming-to-pc/

QuoteHalo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to Steam

Halo: Reach is joining the collection, too.

Microsoft finally confirmed during tonight's Inside Xbox show that Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to PC—and it will include Halo: Reach, the 2010 prequel to the original Halo: Combat Evolved.

The PC version of Halo: MCC will come in stages, with each game released individually, in chronological order, rather than all of them together in one big bundle. That means Halo: Reach will be first, followed by Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST (Campaign), and Halo 4. 343 Industries said that staggered scheduled will enable it to ensure that each game is "right"—emphasis theirs—with features including FOV sliders, ultrawide monitor support, and remappable keys. Beyond their initial launch, the games will "evolve and grow over time with community input," Microsoft said.

"We're embarking on a journey with our community to build a PC experience that delivers on PC gamer expectations," community director Brian Jarrard said. "The team is passionately committed to ensuring that all of the features, bells, and whistles expected in a modern PC title are included with MCC."

Pricing and release dates haven't been announced, but it's great (and a little surprising) that The Master Chief Collection will be on Steam as well as the Microsoft Store. Halo is a full-on Microsoft series, but not having to deal with that mess of a digital storefront makes the announcement more exciting. More information will be revealed this weekend at SXSW and in the lead-up to launch at Halo Waypoint.   

I've never played a Halo game. I hear they're quite all right?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I played Halo 1, which I felt was mediocre.  It's also pretty old now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017