News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

At what age do you plan on retiring

Started by Savonarola, January 30, 2019, 03:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

At what age do you plan on retiring (or did retire)

Younger than 50
3 (11.5%)
50-55
2 (7.7%)
55-60
1 (3.8%)
60-65
7 (26.9%)
65-70
6 (23.1%)
Older than 70
2 (7.7%)
Never
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

PDH

Quote from: Savonarola on January 31, 2019, 11:44:03 AM
Quote from: Malthus on January 31, 2019, 11:30:16 AM
But what if the assassin wants to retire?  :hmm:

We've got to keep up with the times; rather than staffing up with full time assassins, we'll use the power of the "Gig Economy."  Just punch in your desired location and time of departure and one of our gig assassins will be with you.  I'm thinking of calling this service "Auff."

It you tie this in with Last Meal delivery you have a winner.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Malthus

Quote from: PDH on January 31, 2019, 11:59:25 AM

We've got to keep up with the times; rather than staffing up with full time assassins, we'll use the power of the "Gig Economy."  Just punch in your desired location and time of departure and one of our gig assassins will be with you.  I'm thinking of calling this service "Auff."

Perhaps you could call it "Grub Out".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Savonarola

With the synergies we'll make a killing! :w00t:

Sorry  :Embarrass:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Maladict

Quote from: Malthus on January 31, 2019, 01:24:00 PM

Perhaps you could call it "Grub Out".

Or the undertakeout.

Razgovory

Well, it wasn't exactly planned but about 20.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Iormlund

Spanish pension system is already bankrupt, so pretty much never.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Habbaku on January 31, 2019, 10:32:27 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on January 31, 2019, 08:32:23 AM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on January 30, 2019, 11:00:12 PM
I'm a Millennial, so my answer is nihilistic laughter.

Which is how I thought when I was younger.  This is why I was surprised to see that there are Millennials who are eating brown bananas and sharing Netflix passwords so that they can retire at age 40.  (Not that that is bad; it's just different than how things were in the Age of Grunge and Internet Millionaires.)

It's a pretty common attitude amongst other Millennials I know as well. Self-fulfilling prophecies are the worst.

Millennials will be sent to the camps in a few years anyway so I'm not sweating retirement at all
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.