I usually get fast food
1 (2.8%)
I usually eat at a sit down restaurant
4 (11.1%)
Other
1 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Savonarola

I saw this article in The Guardian and wondered how many people here followed the grab-a-sandwich-and-be-on-you-way lifestyle described in the article.

(The article is a little long, but I thought it was worthwhile.  It has it all from Brexit to immigrants to the Earl of Sandwich.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

celedhring

Lunch at home, but I work from home most of the week. When I'm not I usually eat at my employer's buffet, or a restaurant.

But I don't do quick lunches. I like having a pause in the middle of the day.

Admiral Yi

HVC

I go out for lunch. Usually to sit down
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

I either make my own lunch each day or buy low-salt cans of premade soup and eat mixed nuts alongside it. My major concern is keeping the cost of lunch low each day.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 28, 2019, 05:12:53 PM
Work at home, eat at home.

Ditto.  Though occasionally I'll get stir-crazy and go grab a bite somewhere just to get out of the house.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Bring lunch from home.  Usually leftovers from last night's supper.  If no leftovers, then sandwiches.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Often an antelope, if I'm really hungry I'll go for a Wildebeest.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on January 28, 2019, 05:54:47 PM
Often an antelope, if I'm really hungry I'll go for a Wildebeest.   :bowler:

Quit lyin'.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I should prepare something at home and take it to work. It makes sense.
But its just so much effort. And removes the freedom to eat what I want when lunch time comes around.
I usually go for a walk and get whatever I fancy. Sometimes it is a sandwich, other times jacket potato, maybe once every week or two fast food, sometimes a pie or pasty, etc...
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

Today I had a 10-egg omelette. I usually only eat lunch and dinner so both have to count.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Savonarola

I live close enough to work that, when in Melbourne, I almost always come home for lunch.  In the field I'm at the mercy of the project.  (Fortunately rail doesn't attract small people, and most rail workers don't miss many meals.  Unfortunately a lot of US rail workers love junk food.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Monoriu

I like to eat at restaurants, but want to save money.  Lunch is usually much cheaper than dinner, so I have lunch at restaurants, and make dinner at home. 

That's the weekends and holidays.  For working days, the logic goes like this.  I want to grab something quick and light, then work on household chores, like grocery shopping, going to the post office, banking, etc.  Wife wants to relax, sit down and eat at a restaurant.  Wife wants to have lunch with me 95% of the time.  Wife wins.  At work, when I go to restaurants, about 75% of the customers are females.  Males tend to use the fast food route. 

KRonn

I eat most of my meals at home, only occasionally going out. I'm mostly retired but work a few mornings a week, going in usually at 6:30am and I'm home for the day by lunch time. When I was working full time before I retired, I was so close to home that I went there for lunch. It was a nice break in the work day.

crazy canuck

A little from all choices.  Business lunches in restaurants, buying lunches from a dangerously addictive Lebanese food truck outside our building and making my own lunch, and every once in a while just being too busy to eat lunch.