1 (2.8%)
I usually eat at a sit down restaurant
4 (11.1%)
Other
1 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on January 28, 2019, 05:31:55 PM
Bring lunch from home.  Usually leftovers from last night's supper.  If no leftovers, then sandwiches.

This, exactly this.  :bowler:

Sometimes, I go to a restaurant but I am not a fan, takes too much time.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Tend toward bringing lunch from home (usually leftovers) or eating during the discount hour our cafeteria at work offers after 2pm. Occasionally go out to eat with colleagues after presentations and such.

Sometimes I will pay full price at a food truck or one of the myriad fast casual places around us. There's a hot dog food truck that is to die for  :mmm:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Depends. Usually we go for burrito once a week, other days I may bring lunch to microwave, or we order in, or I step out to buy a sandwich from along my commute or bring it from along my commute.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

I usually go for a walk during lunch break but i'll eat at my desk, typically home made but occasionally bought while walking.

From observation it would seem bringing your own lunch is unknown to young people. Not sure why they have that kind of money and I don't  :hmm:

Caliga

Me and the rest of the IT crew almost always go out to a sit down place.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on January 29, 2019, 10:21:43 AM

Thornton or Speedway?  :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zanza

The building I work in has a canteen with food subsidized by my employer. I eat there almost every workday. I had kale with potatoes and a sausage today.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Routine and me don't mix well, so I rarely do only one thing any given week. I'd say it's home lunches a couple of days per week, I bring lunch to work maybe once or twice per week (either leftovers or some rice and tuna salad), and either eat out or purchase food to eat at work the remaining days.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on January 29, 2019, 10:48:38 AM
Quote from: Caliga on January 29, 2019, 10:21:43 AM

Thornton or Speedway?  :P
YOU CAN EAT AT THOSE!? :w00t:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

In all seriousness, I drove by a Speedway  near Columbus that had kiosks where you could order freshly made food. I think they copied the Sheetz MTO model.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tonitrus

Quote from: Savonarola on January 28, 2019, 04:57:41 PM
I saw this article in The Guardian and wondered how many people here followed the grab-a-sandwich-and-be-on-you-way lifestyle described in the article.

(The article is a little long, but I thought it was worthwhile.  It has it all from Brexit to immigrants to the Earl of Sandwich.)

I will say this about the UK...my sense being here so far is that they have us beat when it comes to ready-made grab-and-go sandwich availability/variety available in convenience stores.  We need some scribes.

Savonarola

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 29, 2019, 06:26:54 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on January 28, 2019, 04:57:41 PM
I saw this article in The Guardian and wondered how many people here followed the grab-a-sandwich-and-be-on-you-way lifestyle described in the article.

(The article is a little long, but I thought it was worthwhile.  It has it all from Brexit to immigrants to the Earl of Sandwich.)

I will say this about the UK...my sense being here so far is that they have us beat when it comes to ready-made grab-and-go sandwich availability/variety available in convenience stores.  We need some scribes.

That was my impression too when I was there (about a decade ago.)  The article makes it sound like it's not just a sandwich, it's a lifestyle.   :bowler:

All the people
So many people
They all go hand in hand
Hand in hand through their sandwichlife
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock