News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2022, 11:37:29 PMI don't understand how there is nothing for him to do until the kids are older. Is this some kind of weird old timey thing where the kids emerge from the nursery to go straight to boarding school or something?

I think it's a rich people thing where the kids are raised by the help.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 07, 2022, 12:06:13 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2022, 11:37:29 PMI don't understand how there is nothing for him to do until the kids are older. Is this some kind of weird old timey thing where the kids emerge from the nursery to go straight to boarding school or something?

I think it is a douche thing where a person clearly loves to spread his seed far and wide but is uninterested in his offspring.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2022, 12:08:43 AMI think it is a douche thing where a person clearly loves to spread his seed far and wide but is uninterested in his offspring.

Yeah, I think it's the kind of thing where he thinks a kid's role is to build up the father's ego in various ways. Babies are notorious for not being interested in catering to the egos of anyone, no matter how much money or how many twitter followers they have, so he's going to wait until they can properly appreciate what a great man he is.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2022, 12:08:43 AM

I think it is a douche thing where a person clearly loves to spread his seed far and wide but is uninterested in his offspring.

Not mutually exclusive.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Another possibility is that he thinks that changing nappies and enduring tantrums are beneath him.

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 07, 2022, 04:30:59 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2022, 12:08:43 AM

Not mutually exclusive.

Sure but yours alone seemed... charitable.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Yeah there are a few explanations, all point to Musk being a major douche.

viper37

Sadly, I have met a few fathers like him.  They start taking care of their kids when they near their preteen/teenage years.  By then, it's often too late.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Someone should write a song about fatherly neglect. Could be a hit.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

That's kind of his views on things, yes.

Is the new lady Canadian? Grimes & miss Wilson both are. He has a thing for our women.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 07, 2022, 10:30:17 AM

That's kind of his views on things, yes.

Is the new lady Canadian? Grimes & miss Wilson both are. He has a thing for our women.

He is just another insecure old guy who needs to be with younger women.

The Larch

QuoteElon Musk Twitter takeover deal in 'serious jeopardy'

Washington Post says Musk team has stopped certain funding discussions as Tesla CEO questions spam account figures

Sheilbh

Was this just a bit that got wildly out of hand? :huh:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

There seem to be contradictory reports.

QuoteElon Musk withdraws $44bn bid to buy Twitter after weeks of high drama

World's richest man had reached a deal to purchase shares of the social media app for $54.20 apiece on 25 April

alfred russel

It seems nuts to buy a company at that valuation considering what has happened since. The breakup fee is just $1 billion without cause. If they would accept $30 billion in the current market (current market cap is $28 billion and that is probably inflated by Elon Musk buyout hopes), it would be lighting money on fire to pay $44 billion.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014