WoWtards sound off on EVE, qq'ing all the way to Goldshire

Started by CountDeMoney, July 15, 2009, 08:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

A hilarious fucking thread.  Some of the posts are priceless.
http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1118081

QuoteNeeding a break from wow i tried a free trial of EVE Online and i was so mad after just 2 days that i didnt even finsh the damn trial.

It's basically a space mmog where you fly startrek like ships and npc hunt, trade, mine or mission run or build your own empires and stuff. Sounds fine and like a standard game right? Wrong..it's full of griefers....adult griefers.

I went looking for better asteroids in a slightly lower security system than i started in and within 5 seconds of me mining, pirate players warped in, killed me....and took my ore. FFS i'm just a newb in a crappy ship what was the point of that ****?

So I appear back in the station with a kill message and in the basic ship. So I fit some guns and go back this time without mining lasers so i can fight, i get to the system and ask them why they are killing newbies. They told me they didnt know and invited me to thier gang so i could warp to them for my stuff back.

I did then we started talking about the game, they were both in their late 20's and they asked my age. Before i even finished typing they locked me and killed my ship AGAIN. I escaped in my pod and warped from moon to moon trying to loose them but they kept chasing me trying to kill my pod too.

I logged off, **** it and im not going back ever. Worst thing is the developers and GM's ENCOURAGE griefing and say its part of the game!!!!!!????? People can kill and steal from you and they get a pat on the back from GM's? WTF!!

I'm all for concentual pvp but random killings and constant griefing is not fun.
Dont EVER play EVE Online, it's a griefers game far beyond any reasonable limit.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=104430728&sid=1

:lol:

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Well, they do have a point:  EVE is total shit.  Sure, WoW is just as bad, but that's no excuse.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Alcibiades

Quote from: Neil on July 15, 2009, 10:25:33 PM
Well, they do have a point:  EVE is total shit.  Sure, WoW is just as bad, but that's no excuse.

c64 still treating you well?  :)
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Martinus

Well, they do have a point.

That's why EVE is crap only a handful of people play, whereas WoW is a market leader.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Martinus on July 16, 2009, 01:38:23 AM

That's why EVE is crap only a handful of people play, whereas WoW is a market leader.

EVE sucks for a lot of reasons, but some guy getting iced for being stupid and ragequitting because of it isn't one of them. 

Tonitrus

MMOG's often teach a principle lesson of humanity.

That men only do what is right out of fear from the law.

The Brain

Newsflash: in a computer game any rules are built into the world. If you can do it it is OK. If you're a child (physically or otherwise) maybe you shouldn't play online.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 16, 2009, 02:30:34 AM
MMOG's often teach a principle lesson of humanity.

That men only do what is right out of fear from the law.

The law and sometimes God(which is another form of law anyway).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 16, 2009, 01:50:17 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 16, 2009, 01:38:23 AM

EVE sucks for a lot of reasons, but some guy getting iced for being stupid and ragequitting because of it isn't one of them.

Martinus as an advocate for WoW is all you need to know about WoW.

KRonn

From what I know of EVE, it's a game where you need to be part of a group/guild or what ever it's called, and alliances. So that griefers, or other guilds, get their smack down in return.

I played a much older game for a while, based in space. My guild was fairly strong but also part of an alliance of strong guilds. And there were opposing strong alliances, some of them just out to take what they could, but they had to tread carefully before taking on strong alliances, as did anyone. Fun stuff, giving a more wide open aspect to the game.

Iormlund

Not really, you can survive fairly well as a freelance, as long as you scout properly, check local and so forth. While there are a lot of dangers in EVE, it is an enormous place.

saskganesh

QuoteI did then we started talking about the game, they were both in their late 20's and they asked my age. Before i even finished typing they locked me and killed my ship AGAIN.

somewhere Fireblade is laughing.
humans were created in their own image