News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WW2: Time of Wrath

Started by Berkut, July 15, 2009, 09:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Lucidor on July 29, 2009, 04:27:28 PM
From the AAR, he seems to be bombing the Poles out of existance in just single turns. :o

Air forces are quite powerful, yes, but also insanely expensive.  You do have the ability to bomb units out of existence, but it takes a phenomenal concentration of airpower to do so and assumes that the enemy's interceptors are all out of action while you're doing it.

I don't think that using bombers to wipe out units is a good use of their abilities--I think they're better at softening people up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: ehrie on July 29, 2009, 04:50:00 PM
Can I be: British Empire?

I think the current plan is to have one player control the Western Allies and some of the minors (Greece, Belgium, etc.) while another controls the Axis and another controls the Soviets and some other Allied minors (Yugoslavia, Poland).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Naturally, the more people involved, the greater we can break up the alliances.  I think a fourth person controlling Italy and the Axis Minors would be pretty amusing to pair up with the German player.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Downloaded the demo. Sends my new-ish monitor into a resolution that puts the game in the top half of the screen with the buttons cut off. Impressive.

I should have known Matrix would fuck up something as simple as demo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 30, 2009, 12:58:45 PM
Downloaded the demo. Sends my new-ish monitor into a resolution that puts the game in the top half of the screen with the buttons cut off. Impressive.

Matrix didn't write the game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Quote from: Berkut on July 30, 2009, 01:03:58 PM

I.don't.care. Their suck is all over it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 30, 2009, 01:06:09 PM
Quote from: Berkut on July 30, 2009, 01:03:58 PM

I.don't.care. Their suck is all over it.

You got Berk0wned.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Habbaku

The latest patch is in beta and most likely going to be released next week or the week after, I suspect.  Berkut and I are going to try a PBEM again when it's done.

Any other takers?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

This is the one that doesn't have the Far East, right? :mad:

In other words, what HoI should've always been. :lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

ehrie

If the game with the new patch doesn't suck, I'm down for a PBEM game, I don't have a ton a time right now so playing as a more minor nation is what I'd prefer.

Jaron

Quote from: Habbaku on September 18, 2009, 05:47:24 PM
The latest patch is in beta and most likely going to be released next week or the week after, I suspect.  Berkut and I are going to try a PBEM again when it's done.

Any other takers?

All right, I normally don't play with elitists, but I'll give it a shot.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Habbaku

Quote from: ehrie on September 18, 2009, 08:51:25 PM
If the game with the new patch doesn't suck, I'm down for a PBEM game, I don't have a ton a time right now so playing as a more minor nation is what I'd prefer.

Well, thus far, the game even without the new patch doesn't suck--but the patch will fix some silly stuff and make things run more smoothly, in general.

How does Hungary sound?   :P

Actually, I think sticking you with Romania is a good call.  You'll get a decent bit of power and some degree of responsibility when Barbarossa rolls around, but your objectives will be limited to helping the initial offensive, guarding supply lines and protecting the German flank around the big cities, so you can't possibly hurt things for the Axis.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on September 21, 2009, 12:36:04 AM
your objectives will be limited to helping the initial offensive, guarding supply lines and protecting the German flank around the big cities, so you can't possibly hurt things for the Axis.

:lol:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

Does anyone still play this?

I notice it's $20 on Impulse right now.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

I guess the answer is no. I was wondering if it was worth getting as well.