News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WW2: Time of Wrath

Started by Berkut, July 15, 2009, 09:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

I'm sorry but how many WW2 games can they possibly make?

Why don't they make something from other eras? I'm tired of this genre. :yawn:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

Habbaku

Haven't played it much beyond the invasion of Poland, but it seems worth a shot via PBEM.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

I read somewhere that a demo might be coming for this.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

I plan on conscripting Berkut into PBEMing this.  The game supports multiple players via PBEM, playing as whatever country (or mix of countries) they like.

Any other takers before we get started?  I imagine we'll start some time after WBC is over (August 9th).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

I could probably be suckered into buying this game. It looks interesting, and simple enough that I could play it. It reminds me of Guns of August, and unfortunately will probably end up like it: I'll play it a few times, discover that the AI sucks and there's crippling bugs, put it away and never play it again.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Habbaku

Why would anyone ever judge a wargame by playing against the AI?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

Because I mostly play single player.

Habbaku

Gonna take that as a "no" on the PBEM question, then.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

Seeing as I'll be on vacation starting early next week, I couldn't do it anyways.  :D
My post was just in general, not a response to yours. Though if I did buy this game, I'd give PBEM a shot.

ehrie

How did I miss this thread? I think I'd like to give this a shot perhaps in multiplayer.

Habbaku

Quote from: ehrie on July 29, 2009, 02:14:20 PM
How did I miss this thread? I think I'd like to give this a shot perhaps in multiplayer.

The game is incredibly cheap for a PC wargame and seems amusing enough to play.  I think some areas might be a touch unbalanced (I'm not sure that the cost to build motorized corps is expensive enough), but I like it so far.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Maybe by the time we get back that first patch will be out.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Lucidor

From the AAR, he seems to be bombing the Poles out of existance in just single turns. :o

ehrie

Quote from: Habbaku on July 29, 2009, 02:19:09 PM
Quote from: ehrie on July 29, 2009, 02:14:20 PM

The game is incredibly cheap for a PC wargame and seems amusing enough to play.  I think some areas might be a touch unbalanced (I'm not sure that the cost to build motorized corps is expensive enough), but I like it so far.

Can I be: British Empire?