Main Menu

Libertarians, Trump and the Alt-Right.

Started by Razgovory, September 20, 2017, 10:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 24, 2017, 06:40:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 24, 2017, 06:35:05 PM
I'm also a bit perplexed as to what "big church" is

It's one of life's great mysteries, like the alt-light.

Oh, right I was going to get back you on that.  I'm surprised you didn't show enough initiative to actually google it.

QuoteThe term "alt lite" was created by the alt right to differentiate itself from right-wing activists who refused to publicly embrace white supremacist ideology.
Today, the alt lite, sometimes referred to as the New Right, is loosely-connected movement whose adherents generally shun white supremacist thinking, but who are in step with the alt right in their hatred of feminists and immigrants, among others. Many within the alt lite sphere are virulently anti-Muslim; the group abhors everyone on "the left" and traffics in conspiracy theories, including #Pizzagate, which claimed there was evidence of a child slavery ring operating inside a DC pizzeria. The series of increasingly outrageous lies led to death threats against the pizzeria's owner and employees, and ultimately resulted in a gunman opening fire inside the restaurant in an attempt to "save" the imaginary children.
Some former alt right cheerleaders, including Mike Cernovich, migrated to the alt lite after refusing to openly espouse the alt right's explicitly white supremacist beliefs. Like the alt right, the alt lite is largely populated by young people, and has a prolific online presence, using blogs and podcasts to broadcast dissatisfaction with the media and what they sweepingly refer to as "globalization."

https://www.adl.org/education/resources/backgrounders/from-alt-right-to-alt-lite-naming-the-hate
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on September 24, 2017, 06:05:24 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 24, 2017, 06:01:01 PM
They're already boring to onlookers so you might as well let your interlocutor know what you're saying.

I did.  I said that arguments by assertion are not persuasive.  He responded that all tribes are not identical.  I'm not sure how you break through so profound a disinterest in reading comprehension.  Maybe baby words?  But I just cannot be bothered.  He is funnier flailing anyway.
So you read my statement that not all tribes are identical as a response to that first thing?  And not, say, your stupid attempt to strike-through "libertarian" with "Democrat" while thinking your doing something profound, or the random drops of "tribal" in your screed?  And I'm the one with a reading comprehension problem?

To believe that I couldn't comprehend your point that arguments by assertion are not persuasive requires some serious lack of common sense.  Assuming the worst about people you dislike may make you feel better about yourself, but giving them the benefit of the doubt that they're not retards will result in a more productive conversation.  If that's what you're interested in, that is, which I'm not sure you are.

Anyway, we've been at it more than long enough.  I'll let you make your last deranged claim of victory, and then try my best to avoid dignifying your wisdom with a response in the future.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on September 24, 2017, 08:39:20 PM
  I'm surprised you didn't show enough initiative

You really don't know me at all.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 24, 2017, 10:46:50 PM
Quote from: grumbler on September 24, 2017, 06:05:24 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 24, 2017, 06:01:01 PM
They're already boring to onlookers so you might as well let your interlocutor know what you're saying.

I did.  I said that arguments by assertion are not persuasive.  He responded that all tribes are not identical.  I'm not sure how you break through so profound a disinterest in reading comprehension.  Maybe baby words?  But I just cannot be bothered.  He is funnier flailing anyway.
So you read my statement that not all tribes are identical as a response to that first thing?  And not, say, your stupid attempt to strike-through "libertarian" with "Democrat" while thinking your doing something profound, or the random drops of "tribal" in your screed?  And I'm the one with a reading comprehension problem?

To believe that I couldn't comprehend your point that arguments by assertion are not persuasive requires some serious lack of common sense.  Assuming the worst about people you dislike may make you feel better about yourself, but giving them the benefit of the doubt that they're not retards will result in a more productive conversation.  If that's what you're interested in, that is, which I'm not sure you are.

Anyway, we've been at it more than long enough.  I'll let you make your last deranged claim of victory, and then try my best to avoid dignifying your wisdom with a response in the future.

Well, that's a shame.  Since Berkut and Grumbler refuse to talk to me (though they will post in my thread), I was wondering how you and I could be launching an Ad Hom against an idea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017