Vintage sewing machine repair help requested

Started by merithyn, September 11, 2017, 10:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

I only briefly used a sewing machine, trying to learn, but haven't touched it in a while. I should get back on it, learn to use it as they can be really useful.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on September 13, 2017, 11:37:35 AM
Good news! The doo-hickey that I broke is available online for only $10.80!

Machine should be up and running by next week.  ^_^

Good.  Now embroider Timmay's scrotum to his forehead, please.

merithyn

Quote from: KRonn on September 13, 2017, 07:39:54 PM
I only briefly used a sewing machine, trying to learn, but haven't touched it in a while. I should get back on it, learn to use it as they can be really useful.

:w00t:

KRonn!! :hug:

And if you ever want lessons, I kind of know what I'm doing. :) Come for a visit. We'll make a pillow... or a suit. Your choice. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

KRonn

Quote from: merithyn on September 14, 2017, 11:52:41 AM
Quote from: KRonn on September 13, 2017, 07:39:54 PM

:w00t:

KRonn!! :hug:

And if you ever want lessons, I kind of know what I'm doing. :) Come for a visit. We'll make a pillow... or a suit. Your choice. :D

Seeing your thread I'm thinking that I should break out my sewing machine and learning, getting a how to book or info off the internet. As for a visit and lessons, I think you're in the mid west? I'm in Massachusetts.

Also, I remember a couple of years ago you having a tough time with allergies being so near huge cornfields. At the time I was growing corn in my backyard garden - corn is so much better when straight out of the garden and hasn't been sitting in transit or the store. Just picked retains its sweetness and taste a lot better.  :)  But I gave up on growing corn after a few years since once the squirrels found out about corn it became too much a hassle to keep them out.  :mad:

merithyn

sbr

merithyn

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

merithyn

Eddie Teach

Hey, wasn't there some lapsed catholic there too?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

A few years back there was a run on sewing machines in Saudi Arabia.  Apparently, the locals believe the sewing machines contained something called "Red Mercury", which could be used to summon spirits, build nuclear bombs, and find buried treasure.  You should totally check your machine for this magical material.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 16, 2017, 04:15:50 AM
Hey, wasn't there some lapsed catholic there too?  :hmm:

<_<

I've reached out to him several times to get together for drinks. He canceled each time. Now I'm leaving it up to him to contact me. :mad:

sbr, up for lunch or drinks downtown sometime? I work at the Moda building and have no car.  :cry: