News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Vancouver Meet Up - Labor Day Monday

Started by merithyn, August 31, 2017, 04:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

I was doing most of the planning of this via PMs, but that doesn't make any sense.

My friend and I will be in Vancouver for Labor Day weekend at an SCA event. We will be heading through Vancouver itself on Monday, and mentioned getting together with Jacob, CC, and BhuddaRhubarb for lunch. Tonitrus is also interested in meeting up. So, now it seems like it's a real possibility, so I figured I'd throw it out here for general consumption.

So.. lunch-ish on Monday, September 4, in Vancouver, BC. Who's interested in joining us? :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

For what it's worth, my friend is a lovely young woman who would make Caliga sad, but Ed happy (she looks 18, but is really 31).

Barrister

There's nowhere near enough time to make this work, but some day in the future, with more warning, I would love to fly out and meet up with the Vancouver crew + anyone else who might want to come.  Vancouver is a fun town, and I enjoyed the one time I did go out with CC, Jacob and Buddha back in... 2009?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

That restaurant is no more. A victim of development.

Monday is labour day up here too Meri, so we should be able to make something work. You say you've talked to Josie, right? I'll ping her. I'll give CC a ping off languish as well if he doesn't respond in thread

merithyn

Quote from: Jacob on August 31, 2017, 04:33:26 PM
That restaurant is no more. A victim of development.

Monday is labour day up here too Meri, so we should be able to make something work. You say you've talked to Josie, right? I'll ping her. I'll give CC a ping off languish as well if he doesn't respond in thread

Oh, cool! Wasn't sure.

Yes, Josie is happy to join us, and willing to head into the city. :)

Quote from: Barrister on August 31, 2017, 04:31:19 PM
There's nowhere near enough time to make this work, but some day in the future, with more warning, I would love to fly out and meet up with the Vancouver crew + anyone else who might want to come.  Vancouver is a fun town, and I enjoyed the one time I did go out with CC, Jacob and Buddha back in... 2009?

That's my bad, BB. There were a lot of uncertainties heading into this, and the last time my friend and I went through, a meet up just wasn't going to work out. It now seems logistically possible.

That being said, if you build it, I will come! Pick a weekend that works for you, and I'll happily go back up to Vancouver. It's not that terribly far. :)

Eddie Teach

I'd love to come to see what Meri thinks 18 looks like, but, you know, no money...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 31, 2017, 05:16:51 PM
I'd love to come to see what Meri thinks 18 looks like, but, you know, no money...

People who know that I have an 18-year-old daughter assume that Lauren is she. It's actually making me want to dye my hair again. :(

Jacob

merithyn

More like this:

EDIT: OOOooooo!!! Or this one!!!

Tonitrus

I should be able to make it.

As an aside...would places like the Museum of Anthropology (it's on my Vancouver bucket list) be open on a Canuck Labor Day?  Though I guess I could always stay the night and catch it the next day.

merithyn

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 31, 2017, 07:17:21 PM
I should be able to make it.

As an aside...would places like the Museum of Anthropology (it's on my Vancouver bucket list) be open on a Canuck Labor Day?  Though I guess I could always stay the night and catch it the next day.

Their website says they're open. And now I want to go....

merithyn

Ed Anger

Dyed hair? Pass.

Thank you for thinking of me.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

The anthropology museum is great.

Complication for me - I have a baby shower for a close friend at 12 on Monday. I could probably swing coffee earlier though....

merithyn

Lauren and I have to break down camp,  but we've got it down to a science now. Should be done by 9:30, and in Vancouver by 10:30 or 11.