News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus Cartoon Art Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Hehe, 3 of diamonds is macabre! But done nicely.

Eddie Teach

I'm not sure how the doll's head is supposed to fit.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 29, 2018, 01:49:52 AM
I'm not sure how the doll's head is supposed to fit.  :hmm:

Same as the arms - connected by a string.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: KRonn on November 28, 2018, 06:29:33 PM
Hehe, 3 of diamonds is macabre! But done nicely.

The funny part is that it is almost a direct screenshot from the show.  ;)

Star is happily reminiscing about her childhood at one point - and the flashback is of the royal guard teaching her how to kill by breaking the necks of her toys in front of her. Toddler Star is delighted by this.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Two of Diamonds - Diamonds are done!

Eddie Teach

https://youtu.be/Wxjajj3GTG4

Just ran across this, for people who want to know how Malthus spends his free time.

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 07, 2018, 09:19:12 AM
https://youtu.be/Wxjajj3GTG4

Just ran across this, for people who want to know how Malthus spends his free time.

Ha! That's a pretty good parody/review, though more focused on season 1. The show got a lot darker in the following seasons ...

Malthus

On to Spades - a (refurbished) photo of the Ace of Spades:

Malthus

Another (refurbished): King of Spades

Just for fun, compare with original:

mongers

:cool:

Most excellent Malthus, keep up the good work.

You're inspiring me to do some craft work or something a little bit artistic, though not to your level.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on December 10, 2018, 09:40:48 AM
:cool:

Most excellent Malthus, keep up the good work.

You're inspiring me to do some craft work or something a little bit artistic, though not to your level.

Thanks! If you do, post a picture.

I'm glad someone is looking at these.  :D

Valmy

Well I am looking at them but there is only so many versions of "wow that is great and you are very talented, yet I find it disturbing and creepy on several levels." I can post :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on December 10, 2018, 09:00:13 AM

Did you get a new camera?

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 10, 2018, 10:54:49 AM
Quote from: Malthus on December 10, 2018, 09:00:13 AM

Did you get a new camera?

I did. Part of the reason I'm reposting the pics, is that they are taken with a better camera.

I also redid the inked parts, which were badly streaky and blotchy in the original.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on December 10, 2018, 10:47:14 AM
Well I am looking at them but there is only so many versions of "wow that is great and you are very talented, yet I find it disturbing and creepy on several levels." I can post :P

One of the things that attracted me to the show, is how deeply weird it gets. Particularly for a Disney kid's show.   ;)