Main Menu

Malthus Cartoon Art Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Malthus

Thanks!

Here's another - the Eight of Hearts:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

KRonn

Those cards are your design? They look great. There must also be decks of cards with those type figures and drawings, so maybe you can market your designs as a deck of cards. You could use different sets of cards with differing pics.  :)

Malthus

Quote from: KRonn on October 04, 2018, 01:53:33 PM
Those cards are your design? They look great. There must also be decks of cards with those type figures and drawings, so maybe you can market your designs as a deck of cards. You could use different sets of cards with differing pics.  :)

Thanks!

The cards are indeed wholly my design, but the characters on them are not original.

Malthus

Barrister

I like how you incorporate the right number of hearts into each image.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on October 04, 2018, 02:55:43 PM

Thanks!

The cards are indeed wholly my design, but the characters on them are not original.

Yeah Malthus would need to get the Disney Corporation's permission to market a deck. A company known for its open heart and generosity :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2018, 03:43:27 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 04, 2018, 02:55:43 PM

Thanks!

Yeah Malthus would need to get the Disney Corporation's permission to market a deck. A company known for its open heart and generosity :P

Hmm, quite right.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on October 04, 2018, 03:13:51 PM
I like how you incorporate the right number of hearts into each image.

Thanks!

This is part of the fun in making the number cards - they aren't as interesting or challenging as the court cards, which require switching over from one side to the other; but finding a way to put the card symbols in adds some interest.

I originally had all the symbols in the middle, but this was a problem for a couple of reasons - not least, it's boring to just draw the symbols over and over again.

Malthus

frunk

Wrong number of hearts (counting the eyes).  Still very cool.

Malthus

Quote from: frunk on October 09, 2018, 09:04:15 AM
Wrong number of hearts (counting the eyes).  Still very cool.

Can't count the hearts on her face (eyes, cheeks, eyelashes, antennae ... ) because there is no twelve of hearts.  ;)

Malthus

Oexmelin

You may be interested in the work of Boulet, a French comic book artist:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXU-brGYxYU
Que le grand cric me croque !