News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus Cartoon Art Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Wouldn't want to meet her on a dark jungle path.

Malthus

A second illustration - this is a Reaper for the Cult, one of the warring factions in this world. They have gathered all religions into one; their warriors wear armored theatre masks and cloaks, to show they have transcended merely human emotions and in imitation of the grim figure of personified death. The scythe is the weapon of choice, representing the final judgment that awaits nonbelievers.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

:lol:

At first I thought that was another from the cartoon.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 16, 2018, 07:15:30 PM
Your son sounds cool.

He's got a great imagination, and he's very good at writing stories.  Heavily influenced by fantasy tropes, of course; just like his dad.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 16, 2018, 11:05:52 PM
:lol:

At first I thought that was another from the cartoon.

My son's stuff has no admixture of the cute in his fantasy.  ;)

Malthus

Approaching Midnight: The Queen of Hours

Malthus

Some practice at cartoon foreshortening.

Star attacks ...

Eddie Teach

Does she pick up the 7-10 split?

Malthus

Eddie Teach

The things on her hands look like translucent bowling balls.  :sleep:

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 20, 2018, 11:25:11 AM
The things on her hands look like translucent bowling balls.  :sleep:

Ah. Not a sport I'm familiar with.

Valmy

Really? You are unfamiliar with bowling? Damn Malthus you are less of a suburban slob than I thought....yes I know you don't technically live in suburbs.

Anyway I am loving your art and it is so cool it is something you get to share with your son.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2018, 11:32:23 AM
Really? You are unfamiliar with bowling? Damn Malthus you are less of a suburban slob than I thought....yes I know you don't technically live in suburbs.

I'm only a slob in certain ways.  :D

QuoteAnyway I am loving your art and it is so cool it is something you get to share with your son.

Thanks!

I'm enjoying drawing, both on my own and working on my son's stuff, more than I've enjoyed any hobby in years.

I'm glad at least some folks here like it ...

In the case of the picture above, I'm experimenting a bit with forcing perspective (on her hands) to make a more dramatic pose. This is hard to get right - if you do it wrong, the results look very distorted; if you do it right, the pose looks dramatic without being too obviously a manipulation. 

I think it works here pretty well.

Malthus