News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus Cartoon Art Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Playing with matches, six-year old Lyra Butterfly meets a new "friend" ...

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

I think that is my favourite.  I love the the emotion on her face; and the way you have set the fire creature in the picture while she is outside (when it should be her in the "real" world and the creature entering from someplace else)

Malthus

Star in the Underworld (Blood Moon Ball)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on June 23, 2018, 02:05:44 AM
She looks adorable. :)

Thanks!

I had fun with her dress and the monsters in the background.

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 23, 2018, 02:41:54 AM
The daughter Mal never had.

I wouldn't exactly want Star Butterfly as a kid - in the show, her parents kick her out of the house, and indeed off their planet, for being recklessly destructive. 😉

Malthus

Elizabeth Butterfly: "Step away from my father!"

Malthus

Butterfly Trap, Triggered ("What did you do with my daughter?!")

KRonn

The variety of drawings and the facial expressions are amazing!  :)

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Thanks guys!

I'm having a lot of fun slowly learning the process of cartoon expression.  ;)

Malthus

Malthus

The Wanderer

(An illustration I'm doing for a story my son is writing, a fantasy setting on another world - so a slightly less cartoony style this time. This is a young woman from a human tribe known as the "Wanderers". They live by hunting and gathering in out of the way wilderness areas, and avoid the other groups, who are engaged in a perpetual war for supremacy against each other.)