News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus Cartoon Art Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Final to the 1920s Sequence:

"Like one, that on a lonely road
Doth walk in fear and dread,
And having once turn'd round, walks on
And turns no more his head:
Because he knows, frightful fiends
Doth close behind him tread."
-  Samuel Taylor Coleridge, "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner"

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

KRonn

Malthus, those are really good.  :)  Good idea with the historical dates or some kind of theme for sets of drawings.

Malthus

Quote from: KRonn on March 06, 2018, 07:16:18 PM
Malthus, those are really good.  :)  Good idea with the historical dates or some kind of theme for sets of drawings.

Thanks!

I wanted to have a little fun with the setting - have the pictures, in a way, tell a kind of story. Only not one spelled out in any detail. A sort of supernatural 1920s noir-ish thing, loosely based on the show, but using the characters, in some cases aged-up.   

crazy canuck

Those are great.  I have looked at them a few times and each time I pick out a little detail I missed before. :thumbsup: 

KRonn

Quote from: Malthus on March 07, 2018, 09:46:44 AM
Quote from: KRonn on March 06, 2018, 07:16:18 PM

Thanks!

I wanted to have a little fun with the setting - have the pictures, in a way, tell a kind of story. Only not one spelled out in any detail. A sort of supernatural 1920s noir-ish thing, loosely based on the show, but using the characters, in some cases aged-up.

May be time for you to go into a side line with your own illustration business, for fun and some profit.  :)

Malthus

Thanks!

I'm not likely to try selling my stuff any time soon - but it is very flattering to think that I could.

I've had offers, but I'm not really interested in selling.   

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on March 07, 2018, 06:06:32 PM
Thanks!

I'm not likely to try selling my stuff any time soon - but it is very flattering to think that I could.

The real internet art money is in fetish art. I hear that you can make ridiculous amounts of cash if you have talent and no self respect are willing to take all requests.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Doesn't seem like much of a stretch for a lawyer.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 07, 2018, 06:46:58 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 07, 2018, 06:06:32 PM
Thanks!

The real internet art money is in fetish art. I hear that you can make ridiculous amounts of cash if you have talent and no self respect are willing to take all requests.

Heh, what I do is strictly an amateur hobby, I don't actually want to make money at it even assuming I could ... this is sort of like telling someone enjoying their first awkward date that they could make real money if they were willing to take bondage anal for cash.  :D

crazy canuck

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 08, 2018, 11:13:45 AM
Well, that escalated quickly.

Funny part is I actually got a "Rule 34" request a couple of days ago - I politely declined.  :yuk:

I have, on rare occasions, done requests for people, but never any "Rule 34" type stuff.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on March 08, 2018, 11:41:41 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 08, 2018, 11:13:45 AM
Well, that escalated quickly.

Funny part is I actually got a "Rule 34" request a couple of days ago - I politely declined.  :yuk:

I have, on rare occasions, done requests for people, but never any "Rule 34" type stuff.

Considering your muse is a little girl, that's a wise decision.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 08, 2018, 11:49:36 AM
Considering your muse is a little girl, that's a wise decision.

The request was for adult characters from the show (Queen Eclipsa and her Monster Lover), but still.  :lol: