News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Malthus Cartoon Art Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2017, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2017, 09:44:53 PM
She's not berating you enough for buying a Chevrolet when you could've gone into more debt with a Honda.  Also, she's not breaking your things because I don't know why you have to see your parents on Christmas when you saw them on Thanksgiving even though they're just 20 minutes away.  Or you have to write me out a years' worth of post-dated checks or I'll file rape charges.

So yeah...needs more work, Mal.

Well, I'm not skilled enough to draw all of that - it would take a whole comic book!

The best I can do is a sort of visual summary ...

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Did she kill a leprechaun and steal his hat?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 02, 2017, 11:30:38 AM
Did she kill a leprechaun and steal his hat?

It's a "fascinator". Tiny top hats are, apparently, an actual thing.

https://www.amazon.ca/Ladies-Mini-Fascinator-Burlesque-Millinery/dp/B01DXZOR70/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_194_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=81HVW72162PDZQ0G00RF

Though killing a leprechaun for his hat would be in character ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

It's Dia de los Muertos today - in honour of that, I'll repost this pic of "Catrina", taken with a better camera. Viva Mexico!

Malthus

Star and the Cauldron of Death and Rebirth (from the episode "Toffee")

Malthus

Another style experiment:

"A Longer Goodbye"

Valmy

I was watching new Duck Tales with my son and saw Star vs. the Forces of Evil advertised. I was surprised to see it was both a Disney and American production. Japanese cultural imperialism!!!111 or American cultural appropriation!!!111 Depending upon how you slice it :P

I had a similar experience when David was super into Slugterra...'wait this is a Canadian show?'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on November 07, 2017, 01:22:51 PM
I was watching new Duck Tales with my son and saw Star vs. the Forces of Evil advertised. I was surprised to see it was both a Disney and American production. Japanese cultural imperialism!!!111 or American cultural appropriation!!!111 Depending upon how you slice it :P

I had a similar experience when David was super into Slugterra...'wait this is a Canadian show?'

Heh, it definitely owes a lot to anime. Though it is more an affectionate parody of anime themes than a straight adaptation.

Also a parody on Disney themes - doubly ironic as it is, of course, itself a Disney property. I don't expect Star to figure among the lineup of "Disney Princesses", although in a sense, she is one.  :hmm:

Malthus

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Another version of "Anger Issues", with black background - not sure which works better. Thoughts?

Barrister

White background makes the image pop more.  IMHO.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.