News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Poor Mr. Shkreli

Started by Jacob, August 04, 2017, 03:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 05, 2017, 10:23:59 AM
Nice pivot, people.  While you're jerking each other off over Race, off into the sunset run Class and Wealth, ignored and absolved.

I'm not sure what there is left to say about this dickwad.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: The Brain on August 05, 2017, 02:26:58 AM
Why no dogs?

to prevent them catching diseases from the other two? ;-)

grumbler

Quote from: Monoriu on August 05, 2017, 04:55:42 AM
Nah, they are very different from real whites.  Plus, it isn't just the skin tone.  Hair colour, eye colour, shape of the nose, mannerisms, etc etc.  It is very easy to tell they are not whites.

So a little hair dye, cosmetic surgery and some mannerisms instruction, and they become whites?

You could then only tell them from whites by their use of the u in words like "colour."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

That one is pretty weak.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Lol :lol:

Are juror interviews always this good?

http://www.avclub.com/article/read-potential-jurors-show-no-mercy-pharma-bro-mar-259548

QuoteJuror No. 59: Your Honor, totally he is guilty and in no way can I let him slide out of anything because —

The Court: Okay. Is that your attitude toward anyone charged with a crime who has not been proven guilty?

Juror No. 59: It's my attitude toward his entire demeanor, what he has done to people.

The Court: All right. We are going to excuse you, sir.

Juror No. 59: And he disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

From my experience, there are always a couple of people who try extra hard to get excused.  I don't get it, it seems like you're humiliating yourself and taking your chances on the judge not being in a foul mood.

Razgovory

I have never been called to jury duty. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

Quote from: DGuller on August 16, 2017, 09:39:43 PM
From my experience, there are always a couple of people who try extra hard to get excused.  I don't get it, it seems like you're humiliating yourself and taking your chances on the judge not being in a foul mood.

Why is it hard to understand?  It is like taking on another full time job when your hands are already full with a full time job and various other commitments. 

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on August 16, 2017, 10:11:35 PM

Why is it hard to understand?  It is like taking on another full time job when your hands are already full with a full time job and various other commitments.
It's not that hard to get excused if you want to.  There is no reason to clown around or be so obvious at it that others watching you just groan and roll their eyes.

Monoriu

Quote from: DGuller on August 16, 2017, 10:20:20 PM

It's not that hard to get excused if you want to.  There is no reason to clown around or be so obvious at it that others watching you just groan and roll their eyes.

Sure, if there are easy ways to get excused, then those should be adopted.  But if it is a choice between (a) looking like a fool to get excused and (b) not being excused, then (a) should take priority. 

jimmy olsen

In this instance it seems he was so infamous that people legitimately hated him. Also, he's smug jackass with a face as punchable as King Joffrey.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on August 16, 2017, 09:52:08 PM

Neither have I. Benefits of being related to cops.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 17, 2017, 08:36:38 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 16, 2017, 09:52:08 PM

Neither have I. Benefits of being related to cops.  :)

Eat shit.

I told them I was an ex-cop and an ex-bail bondsman, so I considered myself unable to be impartial in a criminal case. 

So they sent me to a traffic case.