News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Poor Mr. Shkreli

Started by Jacob, August 04, 2017, 03:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Looks like he was found guilty of fraud and may face up to 20 years in prison: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/04/business/dealbook/martin-shkreli-guilty.html

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Sure he may have broken a few "laws" but is that any reason to take away a man's freedom?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Lol, 20 years in prison.  Try 20 months. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 04, 2017, 03:51:34 PM
Rabble rabble rabble.

derniggerhater's 2nd favorite kind of defendant: TOO WHITE TO JAIL

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 04, 2017, 03:58:31 PM
Rabble rabble rabble.

Pfft. Slavs ain't white.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on August 04, 2017, 04:24:22 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 04, 2017, 04:07:39 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on August 04, 2017, 04:05:14 PM
Rabble rabble rabble.

Pfft. Slavs ain't white.

:hmm:

If Slavs are white, who's next? The Irish?

Being white (or not) is pretty damn easy.  Look at someone's skin tone.  Slavs (and the Irish) are thus very clearly white.

And who is not white?  Spaniards, Italians and Greeks, for starters. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Monoriu

I wonder how he got into the business.  He wasn't born rich.  Looked like he got an internship or something with an investment bank because he lived in New York, and made some accurate stock movement predictions.

DGuller

He's one of those people who go all-in every hand.  If you have an incredible run of luck, you can get very rich for a while, but unfortunately the very quality that makes you get that rich makes you incapable of cashing in your gains in time.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on August 04, 2017, 06:04:03 PM
Rabble rabble rabble.

Pfft. Slavs ain't white.

Being white (or not) is pretty damn easy.  Look at someone's skin tone.  Slavs (and the Irish) are thus very clearly white.

And who is not white?  Spaniards, Italians and Greeks, for starters. -_-

And those brown people who can't tan!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Rabble rabble rabble.

Pfft. Slavs ain't white.

Perhaps you are talking Eastern vs. Western.

And the Irish? Lilly fucking white.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on August 04, 2017, 07:53:15 PMPerhaps you are talking Eastern vs. Western.

I think he is talking "white" as a political construct (specifically in the Anglo tradition) in which Slavs were only dubiously white until recently and the Irish weren't.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on August 04, 2017, 08:02:23 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 04, 2017, 07:53:15 PMPerhaps you are talking Eastern vs. Western.

I think he is talking "white" as a political construct (specifically in the Anglo tradition) in which Slavs were only dubiously white until recently and the Irish weren't.

Define 'recently.' :yeahright: