Mattis, Kelly hatched travel pact to babysit Trump

Started by jimmy olsen, August 01, 2017, 08:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

I'm sure it's something harmless, like a joint committee of generals to ensure public safety or something along those lines.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Scipio on August 02, 2017, 11:09:38 AM
Military control of the civilian government is pretty much a coup, in my book.

Even when they are appointed by the civil government leader from the military into the civil government?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

To my euroweenie eyes, seeing so many generals on top jobs in the civilian government surely gives me an uneasy feel. That they're the sane, reasonable ones on the team gives me an even more uneasy feel.  :P

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2017, 11:31:18 AM
I'm sure it's something harmless, like a joint committee of generals to ensure public safety or something along those lines.

And calling themselves a 'junta' means they are trying to show the military's commitment to diversity.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on August 02, 2017, 11:59:26 AM
To my euroweenie eyes, seeing so many generals on top jobs in the civilian government surely gives me an uneasy feel. That they're the sane, reasonable ones on the team gives me an even more uneasy feel.  :P

That happens a lot.

Civilians: 'We want to spend 50 billion on new helicopters!!'

Generals: 'Um we don't need 50 billion for helicopters.'

Civilians: 'Quiet peaceniks!!'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 02, 2017, 12:11:13 PM

And calling themselves a 'junta' means they are trying to show the military's commitment to diversity.

:lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on August 02, 2017, 12:11:13 PM

you, as something of a francophile, should be choosing the option of calling it a committee... :p

grumbler

Quote from: Scipio on August 02, 2017, 11:09:38 AM
Military control of the civilian government is pretty much a coup, in my book.

During 1945-1993, they actually held control of the Oval Office itself.  Praise be to Bill Clinton for liberating the country from that succession of military leaders.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 02, 2017, 11:23:36 PM
May has already passed.

I watched that the night before last, held up well over the years, Fredric March was particularly good.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"