Trump threatens to retaliate against Alaska's economy for Murkowski’s No Vote

Started by jimmy olsen, July 27, 2017, 05:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 28, 2017, 05:32:41 AM
It stands to reason, if the same article gets posted in 3 different threads there will be more posts about it.

Yes, though presumably Tim was aiming for more than just extra posts as same article was posted and was suggesting we'd get more...meaningful(?) conversation?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I don't. Look for news that's NOT about Trump so we have something fresh to discuss.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Trump dominates the mainstream media as well.  There isn't a lot of non-Trump news these days. 

LaCroix

how is this much different than the federal government withholding funds unless the states do what it wants?

grumbler

Quote from: LaCroix on July 29, 2017, 01:55:48 AM
how is this much different than the federal government withholding funds unless the states do what it wants?

Well, "states" don
't do anything.  Elected officials in the states do things. If states pass laws (or don't pass laws) that the Feds think are necessary to effectively spend federal money, then Congress can just vote to not give them that money.  Murkowski is a federal legislator, and the state government officials can't do a thing to make her vote in a given way.  Punishing the state for the actions of a federal legislator is unjust, unlike withholding funds until a state agrees to spend them as Congress sees fit.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!