Man hit by bus gets back up again and heads to pub

Started by jimmy olsen, June 28, 2017, 01:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

That is one crazy video. That bus doesn't exactly give him a love tap.

Watch the video here
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/27/i-get-knocked-down-man-hit-by-bus-gets-back-up-again-and-heads-to-pub

Quote'I get knocked down': man hit by bus gets back up again and heads to pub

Nadia Khomami

Tuesday 27 June 2017 13.51 BST  Last modified on Tuesday 27 June 2017 22.00 BST 

A man was sent flying by an out of control bus but got back up immediately and walked into a pub like nothing had happened, video footage shows.

Simon Smith, 53, was knocked to the ground by the careering vehicle on Gun Street in Reading, but CCTV footage then shows him get to his feet moments later and walk into the Purple Turtle bar. He sustained only scratches and bruising despite being thrown about 20ft.

Reading Buses told the BBC it was investigating the "awful incident", which took place on Saturday morning.

It is not known what caused the crash but Thames Valley police said no arrests had been made. An ambulance was called to the scene and the road was closed for about two hours.

Smith told BBC South Today he was lucky to be alive.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Richard Hakluyt

That bus appears to have been travelling at a ludicrous speed for a bendy city street.

Tonitrus

But, he got up again.  It was never going to keep him down.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 28, 2017, 01:50:28 AM

But, he got up again.  It was never going to keep him down.

He went into the pub for a whiskey drink, a vodka drink, a lager drink and a cider drink.

Brazen

I know we love our Brits breezing through every crisis better with a drink meme (see bloke running from London bridge terror attacks with full pint), but while he did walk into a bar it was only because that was the nearest building in which to seek refuge. It was 9:11 am, so he wouldn't have been served anyhow. And it sounds like he may have been more badly injured than first reported.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/28/police-didnt-believe-saw-cctv-says-man-survived-hit-bus-thrown/

Maximus

In shock situations sometimes the first reaction is to start taking care of things. I was once in a car accident where the car rolled 3 times and I was thrown out. I blacked out somewhere between the first and second roll and came to in a field a few metres away from the still-running car. My first reaction was to go turn the car off then walk half a mile to the nearest farmhouse.

garbon

Quote from: Maximus on June 28, 2017, 08:19:28 AM
In shock situations sometimes the first reaction is to start taking care of things. I was once in a car accident where the car rolled 3 times and I was thrown out. I blacked out somewhere between the first and second roll and came to in a field a few metres away from the still-running car. My first reaction was to go turn the car off then walk half a mile to the nearest farmhouse.

:yes:

When I landed my car upside down in the ditch, when I was living at home, my first instinct was to make sure I could get out of my seat belt without falling, find cell phone and then also call my mother and calmly tell her that I was okay but needed her to pick me up. Wasn't for a few hours more than the shock finally hit me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Quote from: Brazen on June 28, 2017, 07:30:29 AM
I know we love our Brits breezing through every crisis better with a drink meme (see bloke running from London bridge terror attacks with full pint), but while he did walk into a bar it was only because that was the nearest building in which to seek refuge. It was 9:11 am, so he wouldn't have been served anyhow. And it sounds like he may have been more badly injured than first reported.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/28/police-didnt-believe-saw-cctv-says-man-survived-hit-bus-thrown/

Way to ruin this story.  :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011