Massive data leaks from Deep Root Analytics

Started by viper37, June 26, 2017, 11:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2017, 08:01:36 PM
If this data does not serve the common good, then applying the same logic neither do political opinion surveys or really any communication of preference from the electorate to an elected official.
I don't believe in absolute universally applicable logic when it comes to real life situations, things are generally complex with various competing dynamics in play.  Take something to extreme where one dynamic dominates to the exclusion of all others, and what used to be beneficial can now become very harmful. 

Political data science allows politicians to more effectively zombify their electorate with less blowback in a way that crude polls don't allow.  It's not about getting a better gauge on what electorate wants, it's about finding the right buttons to get the electorate to do your bidding.  With better analytics, your finger gets less fat.

garbon

Maybe. If it is put to as good use as those targeted ads that want to sell you something you already bought...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.