News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

This Jedi Survivor game... if I found the previous one meh, will I enjoy this one?

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on April 27, 2024, 11:39:01 AMThis Jedi Survivor game... if I found the previous one meh, will I enjoy this one?

more of the same from what I heard

Syt

Also builds on the story/characters of the first game, I think, so you may want to catch up on that story first.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josquius on April 27, 2024, 12:53:35 AMHonestly I'm not getting it. Why is it so special? Aren't there a million similar games out there? What does this one do different?
That said it did end up on my wishlist somehow.

I don't think there are actually many games like this.  There are a lot of Sims and this is a Mediaeval village simulator.  There are some really bad, mediaeval village simulators out there though. And this is a good one.

This also has a strategic level, both economic and military. 

It also has tactical level the way you deploy your troops actually has an impact on the battle.

It's also an economic sim, people who like supply chain/ trading type games are going to love this.

I think it's got a very good sign and the Developer is not trying to copy another game.  He's trying to make his own unique game and I think he has succeeding.

The game is nowhere near complete. More than half of the technologies still still need to be implemented.  So no final judgement can be made.  But it's off to a very good start and like I said, the design concepts are very good.